Complaint Review: OCWEN Loan Service LLC

• Submitted: Mon, October 05, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, October 05, 2009

• Reported By: Callecoco — Inverness Florida U.S.A.
OCWEN Loan Service LLC
12650 Ingenuity Dr Orlando, Florida United States of America

OCWEN Loan Service LLC OCWEN has decieptful modification process Orlando, Florida

OCWEN is the worst company to deal with and has no intention on helping anyone keep from foreclosure. After being put into a bad mortgage that was given to OCWEN and a change in finances I tried to refinance twice in 2007 and was both times denied by this company. The house was upside down by about 20k. In Feb of 2009 after fighting a losing battle I stopped payments and was going to foreclose. I was tired of dealing with people in India claiming they wanted to help and doing nothing to help the situation. They were rude on top of it and didn't know half the time what I was talking about.

After telling them I would no longer fill out paperwork since the information was the same as when I applied and was denied in 2007 they sent me a streamlined modification which dropped the interest rate 4 points and lowered the payments almost 300 dollars to $788.22. They never took me out of the 50 year mortgage and wanted a balloon payment of the rest of the money owed in 2029. Figuring it wasn't the greatest deal but better than foreclosing I accepted the streamline modification.

I was told to have a payment in by Aug 31, I mailed the payment with the signed modification delivery confirmation which was received the 29th. They called on the 31st to say they didn't have the signed copy. I told them it was impossible that they received the payment but not the paperwork since they were in the same envelope and I had proof of reciept. I then had to have 2 payments in by Oct 1st, I sent them the same way and both were received.

Today I recieved a bill that my new mortgage was $788.22 and I owed $3,424 by December 1st. WHAT?! AFter being on the phone for over an hour with a guy from India I was basically told that the rest of the bill was for fees incurred and I could pay them off little by little....SURE I CAN.....so basically I told them that I held up my end of the bargain of the modification and they mentioned nothing of these fees. They tacked on an additional 10k to the principal why would they not add on the 3k and instead want it now. I thought it was horrible how they are screwing people over. I decided to save myself the aggravation of dealing with a company who is so blatantly fraudulant in their practices and they can put those fees to good use and foreclose on the house.

BE CAREFUL when doing a modification with this company!! They will NOT tell you about the fees they are going to add on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OCWEN-Loan-Service-LLC/Orlando-Florida-32826/OCWEN-Loan-Service-LLC-OCWEN-has-decieptful-modification-process-Orlando-Florida-504832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OCWEN Loan Service LLC