Complaint Review: OCWEN

• Submitted: Wed, January 21, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 21, 2009

• Reported By:Hudson Florida
OCWEN
12650 Ingenuity Drive Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

OCWEN Not only is OCWEN breaking the law, they are doing no service to HSBC for whom they are servicing the loan Orlando Florida

Same story you keep hearing about, I was laid off from my job and could not make my mortgage payment. When I did finally get a job I was no longer making the salary I had when I purchased the home. I contacted OCWEN to discuss a loan modification. I received the paperwork on the loan and noticed the principal increased by $9k which I was never told about. I then called OCWEN to find out why my principal increased. OCWEN put me on hold and came back with the reason for the increase in my principal was due to interest, late charges and "other" misc. charges. I asked for an accounting and was told they do not provide this. I asked if they basically expected me to sign the contract without having a breakdown of the charges and I was informed yes that is what I must do in order to have my loan modified.

I hope HSBC finds out that OCWEN is doing them no service by lying to consumers and breaking the truth in lending laws.

Krs
Hudson, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OCWEN/Orlando-Florida-32826/OCWEN-Not-only-is-OCWEN-breaking-the-law-they-are-doing-no-service-to-HSBC-for-whom-they-414591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OCWEN