Complaint Review: ODesk

• Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: Tova — San Jose California
ODesk
Redwood City, California USA

ODesk Liars, Incompetant, Scam Artist, Abusive System, Biased for "Contractors" Anti-Consumer Redwood City California

I hired a contractor Suman Lata (who can change his name I'm sure and go on to steal again and again) to build a simple website. Weeks went by and no work was done. I was told he had been ill and couldn't work. Immediately following I was emailed a dummy website that was nothing like I had laid out. He withdrew over $800, and then going to my existing website took off content and dumped it into his. Everything was chopped up and scattered. He withdrew another $200. I closed the PayPal and contacted them to file a report. ODESK has stated in several emails that I am not entitled to any refund. The money can be taken regardless of time, or quality of the product!! Furthermore, ODESK has repeatedly stated that only the "contractor" can give me a refund. ODESK is in REDWOOD CITY and I live nearby. I plan to sue in small claims court. But what a hassle.

Do not hire from ODESK you will get ripped off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ODesk/Redwood-City-California/ODesk-Liars-Incompetant-Scam-Artist-Abusive-System-Biased-for-Contractors-Anti-Cons-1088778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ODesk