Complaint Review: OEM Parts Bin

• Reported By: Tanner — Bozeman Montana United States of America
OEM Parts Bin

OEM Parts Bin Auto Parts Warehouse Stolen Account Info, Internet

*General Comment: OnlinePartBin.com is NOT Affiliated with The Parts Bin

*Consumer Comment: Ripped off, too!

Ordered parts from them. Parts were delivered, but then they took my check card info and went to Disneyland (no joke) on my dime. This is the only CA-based company I have done business with in recent history. Now bills are due, and my account has been cleaned out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OEM-Parts-Bin/internet/OEM-Parts-Bin-Auto-Parts-Warehouse-Stolen-Account-Info-Internet-890477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OEM Parts Bin

#1 General Comment

OnlinePartBin.com is NOT Affiliated with The Parts Bin

AUTHOR: Onlinepartbin - ()

Hi, I am the owner of OnlinePartBin.com and have had many of my customers recently mention negative reviews online. I did some more digging when a customer brought up some of the specifics.

The purpose of this review is to clear up any confusion about who we are. Online Part Bin is NOT associated IN ANY WAY with The Parts Bin, Parts Train, or any of their other affiliates.

They are based out of California, and we are based out of the San Antonio, TX area.

We specialize in New Bumpers and Fenders, Painted to Match your vehicle, and Shipped to your door. They do not offer a paint service on any of their parts.

This is not trying to drum up business for our company, but it is trying to clear up any concerns from our potential customers about ordering a painted to match bumper or fender. You will get your order, it will be right, and we stand behind EVERYTHING.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

Ripped off, too!

AUTHOR: Duane - (United States of America)

I also purchased parts from this online company.  The order was easy enough, but I did take note of numerous "affiliate" offers upon check-out.  It did seem odd at the time, but I carefully ensured to opt out of each offer and my order was sucessfully processed.  The parts arrived on time as ordered and I was pleased with the overall experience... until about 3 weeks had passed!

My wife, who is vigilant when it comes to our accounts, noticed that there were three unauthorized charges pending to the account; one for Experian credit and two seperate charges to different online-dating websites.  Our bank was quickly notified and they closed the account and re-issued us a new one.  Thanks Wells Fargo!

Years ago I was a fraud investigator/loss prevention manager for a major retail chain, and my first thought was someone at the Parts Bin must have taken the credit information and opened these fraudulent accounts.  But, after thinking about it some more I began to wonder if maybe it had something to with all of the affiliate offers.  Or, had the website been hacked/spoofed?

Anyway, after reading the nature of your report along with our own experience, I am back to the opinion that more likely than not someone at Parts Bin, or affiliated with them with direct access to its online transactions, is engaged in identity theft.  By working with your bank you should be able to get this resolved.

Good luck!