Complaint Review: OEM Wheels Plus

• Submitted: Mon, June 25, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Pissed off in GA — Warner Robins Georgia United States of America
OEM Wheels Plus
4770 East Wesley Drive Anaheim, California United States of America

OEM Wheels Plus OEM Rims Inc Ripped off for $799.00 Anaheim, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I was looking at this report

*Consumer Comment: Hubcentric rings on wheels sold as having the correct bore size???

*Consumer Comment: Hubcentric Adapters

I purchased rims from OEM wheels Plus on ebay, had the rims mounted on my Audi A5, as soon as I took the car out for a test drive; I notice sever vibration on the steering wheel, went back to the shop who installed the rims and they perform everything over again the balancing, high speed road check and once again put back on the vehicle and had the same problem. This went on for about four days, the shop did everything possible and still the vibration never went away, and yes the tires were check, I had purchase them about two weeks earlier and had no problem when was mounted on the original
rims.

I call OEM Wheels Plus and explained to them what problems I was having and they informed me that it was my problem not theirs, because I had mounted the tires to the rims, and now they are considered used, WHAT? How else will you find out if the rims are good or not?  They wanted me to take the rims and get them checked to see if any were out of round, hey that's not my responsibility; they put out a disclaimer that there rims goes through all sorts of testing and measurement, so why didnt the company include the details for each rims and the measurements and any other testing results, so the consumer would have something to go by if they encounter a problem as such.

Yes, I'm very pissed, because I lost $799.00 to this worthless company.  Yes, I turned them into the BBB and OEM Wheel
Plus has failed to answer the BBB, so now the complaint is posted on the BBB for the next three years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OEM-Wheels-Plus/Anaheim-California-92807/OEM-Wheels-Plus-OEM-Rims-Inc-Ripped-off-for-79900-Anaheim-California-902761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OEM Wheels Plus

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I was looking at this report

AUTHOR: Christopher L - ()

I seen this company on eBay and decided to check rip off report to see how it worked out for ya'll. I was thinking these wheels ya'll got here may have got damaged in shipping since 2 were bent, not just 1. What shop did the installation because the technician should be fired for not noticing 2 wheels that were damaged in shipping and then let you drove of with that like? You should do a rip off report on the goshdawg shop instead cuz I recon this shop pulled the wool over your eyes partner. Just thought ya'll should get my 2 cents.

Hubcentric rings on wheels sold as having the correct bore size???

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

The person who commented that the wheels need the correct hubcentric rings clearly has no knowledge of OEMwheelsplus who sells their Audi fitment wheels as having a bore size of 66.6.  Of course if he had also checked he would have found that the Audi A5 has an identical bore size of 66.6.  The wheels are made has hubcentric.  They should not be impossible to balance and not bent from the factory.  They are inexpensive wheels made in China that are cheaply gravity cast.  I made the same mistake. Mine have enough weights on them to look like a brick and they will not balance.  You can visibly see two of them wobble on the Hunter balancer.

Hubcentric Adapters

AUTHOR: Ron-G - (United States of America)

You have to get Hubcentric rings. Almost all aftermarket wheels are manufactured with a larger center bore so they fit a wider number of cars. If you do not have hubcentric rings to match your cars center bore to that of the wheel, it will mount lugcentric. Lugcentric mounting is never acurate and creates insane vibrations at high speeds, almost like you driving on square wheels.