Complaint Review: OFF THE GRID ELECTRIC

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: ACE — Canyon Country California USA
OFF THE GRID ELECTRIC
24979 Constitution Ave Internet United States of America

OFF THE GRID ELECTRIC Pete Stankis Wired incorrect home/yard components despite SPECIFIC instructions , Internet

*Author of original report: Check Your Ratings?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You can't please everyone!

"Pete" - Was hired to rewire correctly certain lights and add outlets in my home.  However, there were specifics that I'd explained PRIOR to the job taking place; such as NOT connecting the yard-lights to the pond's power as doing so would stop the water-filter and kill the fish living within it.  He wired ALL of them to ONE switch!  A few days later, when I switched on my kitchen lights, nothing happened (in other words, no light!).  Come to find out that switch shorted or blew and was on the same lines that "Pete" had worked on -- I knew this b/c I then checked the outlet he'd installed and it was getting the same LACK of voltage (none).  When I called him asking for him to correct his error(s), I was ignored and turned to the BBB.  Which didn't please "Pete" at all!  I explained how all he had to do was correct his mistakes and the complaint would then be withdrawn  to which he replied "well if I have the time, I'll stop by"...  He'd told me this TWICE - and TWICE STOOD ME UP!  Avoid at any/all costs (unless you want to incur FURTHER costs by paying someone ELSE to do it RIGHT!).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2013 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OFF-THE-GRID-ELECTRIC/internet/OFF-THE-GRID-ELECTRIC-Pete-Stankis-Wired-incorrect-homeyard-components-despite-SPECIFIC-i-1022698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OFF THE GRID ELECTRIC

Check Your Ratings?

AUTHOR: ACE - ()

I never asked Pete to do anything for free.  I did insist he return the next day and fix my front porch light that was working before he came here as it was a major safety factor for me. He returned the next day and fixed it.

I was not aware at the time that he had also disabled my overhead kitchen lights.  However, as soon as I saw they were not working, I called Pete and he said he would stop by and take a look.  He did not.  I did not continually contact him, although I did call him one more time and asked if he was going to come by and check the connection as promised..  He made it very  clear that he did not want me to contact him again. I did not tell him I wasn't going to pay him for his efforts at ANY time.

He connected my column lights with the waterfall/pond that are dusk to dawn and would kill all my fish in the pond.  I had had enough of his poor quality work and felt I would be better off not having him touch anything else.

As it is, my column lights are on 24/7 and my last Edison bill was $1,266.00!  Just a little bit less than the $1,300.00 Pete charged me.

I would, however, love to be able to check his "ratings" as he suggested.  (I couldn't find them; "Pete"?.?  Perhaps respond with a link?.)
-----------------------------
He worked on my electrical in the front of the house - - - When he was done, I then HAD NO electrical in the front of the house.  Summation: it was BETTER OFF WITHOUT him having "worked" on the lines to begin with -- and he WILL NOT return to FIX HIS ERRORS (w/o blaming the wiring pre-existing; but AGAIN, then WORKING) without charging me for it (bottom line).

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You can't please everyone!

AUTHOR: Pete - (United States of America)

I did work for this person and tried to make her understand the existing wiring was done unprofessionally and not to any code or electrical standards. I explained the situation which was rewiring the yard and running new conduit. She elected not to do this and just wanted it to work like before. I tried to explain the reason for the problem she was having was do to the existing improper wiring and I could get the lights to work but everything would have to go on at once due to a short in a circuit..

I went back after she complained and checked my work which was exactly what I told her. She was unwilling to have the job done to code and I could not fix the wiring problem without rerunning the conduit and wiring. She has Romex type wiring run underground through conduit with sprinkler fittings attached to electrical PVC. Any professional knows this cannot be done. I did the job I was paid to do and came back once to check out my work. She kept calling and trying to get work done without paying and at this point I knew I wasn't going to satisfy her period..

This just goes to show you can't please everyone and there will always be someone you can't satisfy. Please check my ratings and you will find I do excellent work at a reasonable price.