Complaint Review: OFFICE DEPOT

• Updated: Mon, December 21, 2009

• Reported By: Keisha — Arlington Texas United States of America
2503 West Interstate 20 Grand Prairie, Texas United States of America

OFFICE DEPOT 2009 HP Laptop Black Friday SCAM Grand Prairie, Texas

On Thanksgiving 2009 I got the local news paper to see what good deals would be available on black Friday 2009 I was particularly looking for one thing and I ran across the in the Office Depot ad. A HP notebook computer with Intel Celeron Processor 900 which holds 3 hours 45 min. battery life,Windows 7 home premium 64-bit Intel GMA 4500M graphics,Altec Lansing audio,HDMI port, integrated numeric keypad, with microphone, and wireless BG networking. So on Thanksgiving night my sister and I left our house to go stand in front of Office Depot because we were determined to get our kids the HP laptop that was advertised  in the Office Depot newspaper Black Friday ads. We stood in line from 11:00 P.M. until 6 A.M. in the freezing cold weather. And we got hoodwinked by Office Depot. I just recently opened up my laptop box to charge them for the kids so they can use them on Christmas and that's when I realized that this was not what was advertised in the paper. So I immediately called and told them they gave us the wrong laptop and the asst. manager Gerald told us that it was the printing company fault and that they were not held responsible for this and that it said it on the bottom of the ad. But unfortunately we didn't have the ad but we have the internet so we looked on their and found the ad and nowhere on the ad does it says that Office Depot had nothing to do with advertising. We want some answers because that ad was misleading and In my eyes that was a scam to have all of us standing outside in the cold If I would have known this I would have searched else where and made a decision based on the other advertisements in the Black Friday ads. Now our kids will not be allowed to open their laptops and use them for Christmas due to this SCAM. I'm seeking legal actions due to this SCAM!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2009 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OFFICE-DEPOT/Grand-Prairie-Texas-75052/OFFICE-DEPOT-2009-HP-Laptop-Black-Friday-SCAM-Grand-Prairie-Texas-542804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OFFICE DEPOT