Complaint Review: OFFICE DEPOT

OFFICE DEPOT
HIALEAH, Florida U.S.A.

OFFICE DEPOT IS A SCAMMER WITH REBATES ripoff HIALEAH Florida

*Consumer Comment: 98% of rebates are manufacturer rebates not office depots

I have stopped shopping Office depot for the past 7 months, due to repeated sales scams involving rebates. They do "not" honor their rebates. PERIOD- end of story. I will only purchase a revenue loss item which is at a giveaway price "way" below the price is anywhere, or I will NOT buy anything from them. Try Staples or Officemax, but NOT home depot.

Office Depot has totally lost any respectability it once had-whenever I drive by an Office Depot store, I give them the finger. I'm hoping Florida removes their license to operate in our state. They once tried to refuse a "refund" as per their policy- I just disputed it on my Credit Card, and was refunded the money.

Listen to me! I just like you, but "I" refuse to allow a big corporation to scam/cheat me. you should do the same, and Do NOT shop at Home Depot.

Jeffrey
Miami lakes, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 06:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OFFICE-DEPOT/HIALEAH-Florida/OFFICE-DEPOT-IS-A-SCAMMER-WITH-REBATES-ripoff-HIALEAH-Florida-260079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OFFICE DEPOT

98% of rebates are manufacturer rebates not office depots

AUTHOR: King_are_j - (U.S.A.)

The majority of people blame the company in which they buy their product from when the blame should be placed on the manufacturers. The instant rebates at office depot are office depots, the mail ins are the manufactureres 98% of the time. I personally have never had a problem with recieving my mail ins, because I expect the manufacturer to try to keep my money therefore i remain prepared. As soon as I purchase the product I make multiple copies of reciepts and all other required info. I call everyweek at least once and inform them that the required info was sent and i have documentation to prove it. If they say they didnt get it all i inform them that I have enough copies to last two months, they see i am serious and they send my check.