aroused

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2008

• Reported By:Somerset Kentucky
OFFICE DEPOT
Stoplight #14 On South Rte#27 Somerset, Kentucky U.S.A.

OFFICE DEPOT They sold me a defective digital camera Somerset Kentucky

Office Depot sold me a digital camera in March and it was to be used as a birthday gift on May 14th, After opening the gift and trying to program it to get it to work the first time, we discovered that there was a problem with the lens control and the lens was just flopping around inside the camera.

We tried to return the camera to the store and the assistant manager told us there was a14 day return policy I again told her that noone had said anything about a 14 day return policy, There was no sign stating that policy, She did point out that the policy is printed in very small letters (u need a magnifing glass to read it.) All after we had bought and paid for a 2 year repair contract

So they want me to send this camera off to New Jersey and we were to it would take14 t0 26 working days to complte the repairs My Grandson needs the camera on the 1st of June to go on his senior trip so we asked the asst manager if she could just switch And she said company policy won't let her do that and we'll have to send it off at our cost to have it repaired.

I think if I had known that proir to me buying it from them I believe I would have used the internet. You can buy it about 1/3 cheaper from internet you have to send it off anyway to get it fixed. So the obvious choice is to buy it on the internet. I will never use OFFICe DEPOT AGAIN.

Russ
Somerset, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 01:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OFFICE-DEPOT/Somerset-Kentucky-42503/OFFICE-DEPOT-They-sold-me-a-defective-digital-camera-Somerset-Kentucky-333371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OFFICE DEPOT