Complaint Review: OLD NAVY

OLD NAVY
41 Church St Burlington, Vermont United States of America

OLD NAVY Kept the money and the merchandise Burlington, Vermont

*Consumer Comment: Well...

Just yesterday I took my son to Old Navy because they were having a sale, and of course being a single mom I always lookout for good buys. Long story short, I got a little carried away and over-extended myself. My total came to $173.76.

My boyfriend who was with my daughter met me just before I got to the checkout counter. As I'm paying for the merchandise, he takes my daughter and the bag and heads for the door. The cashier hands me the receipt and I take my son and follow. Now, looking back I realize I should have to her to put the receipt in the bag...because there were actually two bags and she only put one up on the counter.

We went out to Chili's after and then went home. Inside as I'm going through my bag I'm thinking I bought a lot more than I actually had. So I looked at my receipt to be sure. I realized I was missing 14 items!!!! I was so hysterical I even went through all of my items and circled all of the skus I actually had in my possession on my receipt. Which could only mean that there was another bag. I kept thinking I only ever saw one bag so where did she put my clothes?????

Old Navy was closed for the night, as it was Sunday, so I called first thing in the morning. After being hung up on and several pointless phone calls to 1-800-OLDNAVY, I was finally told that because a bag was never turned in they have to assume I lost the bag and they cannot be held liable once I leave the cashwrap. WHAT??? I was sick to my stomach. I had spent more than I should have to begin with and had nothing to show for it!!!! After a few more calls and even after my suggestion of reviewing their security tapes I was told that they would look into it and if anyone turned in a bag they would let me know....but honestly is there nothing else that can be done?!!!

Apparently Old Navy doesn't think so because even though the customer is always right, it was my negligence, not theirs. I'm not giving up though. I worked hard for my money and all of this frustration will not be in vain!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2010 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OLD-NAVY/Burlington-Vermont-05401/OLD-NAVY-Kept-the-money-and-the-merchandise-Burlington-Vermont-566221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OLD NAVY

Well...

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

It's not Old Navy's job to make you pay attention.