fortune

Complaint Review: OMG Tech Help | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. OMG Tech Help money back guarantee, convenience, quality of OMG Tech Help support provided to customers over phone & remotely accessing customer’s computer with permission. Oh my god. Tech Help leader in providing remote computer tech support across various product brands for individuals and small businesses in need of subscription-based or instant PC tech help.

• Submitted: Fri, June 21, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, September 19, 2014

• Reported By: TheeNickCarlson — Washington
OMG Tech Help
Internet USA

OMG Tech Help REVIEW: OMG Tech Help's executive team, employees dedicated to customer satisfaction. OMG Tech Help’s approach to business focused on providing highest customer satisfaction in industry.
*UPDATE: OMG Tech Help pledges commitment to always improving operations by joining Ripoff Report’s Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits consumers by increasing confidence when doing business with a member business. OMG Tech Help recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OMG Tech Help for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with OMG Tech Help have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. OMG Tech Help listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

OMG Tech Help's CEO, Mr. Elliot Loewenstern, has informed us that OMG Tech Help's philosophy is "Courtesy, Respect, and Accountability". [continued below]....
..... Mr. Loewenstern knows the importance of keeping his customers happy and his staff well trained in customer service. Delivering high quality customer satisfaction is about providing the very best responsive service with courtesy, respect, and integrity. Mr. Loewenstern states that, "We make sure that we are on the other side of 'normal' when it comes to our customers. We don't settle for mediocre or 'average' in anything we do, let alone helping the people that help us thrive. We are known for exceeding the customers' expectations, and we plan on staying number one in this area.”

With this philosophy, Loewenstern says that OMG Tech Help's goal has been, and always will be 100% customer satisfaction. "We want to be known for our great products, but even more, we want to be known for having the very best in customer service, which is why we have reached out to Ripoff Report to let everyone know we are here to help, no matter what the issue is.”

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Ryan Milner during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward OMG Tech Help.

OMG Tech Help is Ripoff Report Verified

OMG Tech Help is a company specializing in servicing Microsoft based computers from XP to 8.1 to make sure people can pick up the phone and have someone help with the problem remotely. “We also provide software based support for many developers and their software products. We provide 24-7-365 day support service with a monthly or annual service charge,” explains Ryan Milner, a representative of OMG Tech Help. Leads are acquired through various software companies that OMG Tech Help partners with to provide product support on the back end for their customers who purchased software and require support. “We do not do any cold-calling. We are 100% inbound calls 24/7,” explains Mr. Milner.

The sales/service process for OMG Tech Help starts with a customer purchasing a software product, and if that customer needs support and contacts OMG Tech Help, then the technician makes sure that the software is running properly on the customer’s machine, the licensing key is working properly, and works to resolve any issues the customer may be having with the installation and operation of the product. “We also market to customers additional products, such as Antivirus software [and] ID protection that we offer,” explains Mr. Milner.

OMG Tech Help Customer Care & Complaint Resolution

At times, a customer may not feel satisfied with the service or product they receive. “There is always a certain percentage of clients that cannot be serviced. They may have a machine that has too many games on it, or have one that is too old or limited memory. If they have a virus or the computer is running slow, we can help them, but sometimes they have their own expectations and our services may not be able to assist them because their equipment is outdated and we cannot help them,” explains Mr. Milner. However, Mr. Milner states that although this is not an unusual complaint, it is not necessarily a common one. To resolve the issue, the customer is offered a refund of their money if OMG Tech Help is unable to help them or correct the problem. “When people get their money back, they respond happily,” states Mr. Milner.

After a complaint is resolved, OMG Tech Help follows up with the customer to ensure their continued satisfaction. “We have 165,000 customers with very few complaints based on that amount of customers and every complaint is taken seriously and we try to do everything we can to resolve their issue,” states Mr. Milner.

During the sales/service process, Mr. Milner states that he and his team at OMG Tech Help do not use scare tactics or pressure the customers in any way into making a decision or purchasing additional products. “We may show them what is wrong with their computer… We are selling a service. When you need us, we are there for help and assistance. Every computer has issues and when we make a recommendation to do a cleansing of that computer and you’re not satisfied, we will refund your money,” explains Mr. Milner. OMG Tech Help is also registered with the Better Business Bureau, and currently has an A- rating, “Because of the limited time we are in business,” explains Mr. Milner. OMG Tech Help is also a Microsoft partner. “The customer is always encouraged to call us directly with any problems or issues and to give us a chance to remedy the problem or offer a refund,” states Mr. Milner.

Since receiving complaints through Ripoff Report, OMG Tech Help has added additional back-end support people to accommodate heavy call volumes. “It is a difficult balance and that may affect customer satisfaction and they may not get the best service possible and we are trying to address that with additional support,” explains Mr. Milner. OMG Tech Help recognizes the value of working with Ripoff Report and the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, and the platform it provides for businesses and clients to interact and resolve issues. “It means a lot. It gives us the ability to touch the customer. It’s important to a business to reach out to your customers and help them and in mind set if you take care of your customers then you cannot go wrong. We are constantly trying to improve and get better at our brand. We’ve been in business for just over two years and [are] constantly striving to do better,” states Mr. Milner.

OMG Tech Help / Statements from the owner

"OMG Tech Help's agents and technicians are highly trained in customer service and satisfaction. We pride ourselves in offering the highest quality care when it comes to our customers, and to those who are in need of PC tech services. OMG Tech Help continually listens to the needs of customers, not only from the customers themselves, but through our representatives that speak with them on a daily basis. Feedback from our employees and customers sets us apart from the competition, and gives us the ability to bring top notch customer satisfaction to all of our clients.

Customer service at OMG Tech Help allows the customer to realize the full potential value of OMG products and services before and after any purchase is made of any kind. This leads to ultimate customer satisfaction and repurchase of our products and services.

We recognize the importance that every customer and all OMG Tech Help employees play in influencing our customer's perception of our company. This is why we actively train our competent agents to be professional, reliable, responsive, credible, humble and friendly. Honesty and integrity is a must within our organization. If not, we would fail as a business. We look to convey passion to our customers and to constantly deliver the best customer service experience possible.”

OMG Tech Help Testimonials

"I wanted to write this letter to Jon, my technician at OMG Tech Help. He was so nice and professional the whole time I was a mess. Jon calmed me down after almost throwing my laptop out the window. My computer would not let me check my email and I had pop ups everywhere on my screen. I was so relieved when after a short time later he called me back and fixed the problem. I couldn’t believe it! I grabbed some coffee and watched him magically get rid of the infection on my pc. Jon is truly an asset to your organization.” ~ Gabriela C.

“I just want to thank Mark at OMG Tech Help for his patience with me. I am not the easiest person to deal with but Mark is always very understanding. I own a lot of electronics and the whole team over this is always nothing but helpful. I have dealt with other technical support companies and I am so pleased that Mark at OMG tech help is right in my backyard.” ~ Christopher M.

"As senior citizens we have a hard time figuring out what our computer is doing. Things as simple as my wife trying to check her email or what to do when something pops up on the screen having your instant help makes a big difference. We really want to thank Danielle for all the help today. I was very confused why my pc was taking so long to start up. From her office she zipped around on my computer and figured out the problem very shortly. I could not believe it. Thank you for all the assistance. We are happy and expect to be on the Platinum Plan for years to come.” ~ Steve and Maria V.

"I am so happy with my technical support through OMG Tech Support. I can’t believe that my tablet got a virus the first month I had it. It was so simple for my OMG tech to share my computer screen and get the virus out of there. I was so relieved. I was a bit skeptical but Jason took all my worries away. I no longer have to lug any of my gadgets to a store for them to keep it for days while it’s fixed. And Jason if you’re single I have a beautiful sister that is single also. ; )” ~ Meghan M.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OMG TECH HELP

OMG Tech Help recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. OMG Tech Help knows that there are always areas for improvement, and if a change is needed, it will in fact happen immediately. With a streamlined customer service policy set in place, OMG Tech Help knows what needs to be done in order to make their customers happy.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Mr. Loewenstern, Ripoff Report is convinced that OMG Tech Help is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

OMG Tech Help Computer Service & Repair Internet

I am an bench technician and I work on all different types of computer issues, including virus removal. After these guys were done, there were viruses. Whether or not the viruses were there before or after the remote session from this company does not matter. This compay will scam you for no service and overcharge you for whatever service they pretend to perform. Do not give them access, credit card numbers, or one minute of your time.

If you came in contact with this company, immediately take your computer into a local computer repair company and ensure the technicians are A+ Certified through CompTIA.

Brief summary:

User was trying to install a media player, stopped at 50%, pop up told user that he had problems. Click here for tech support, that is where user found the number. Scammer remoted into the computer, said he was in Bocucatan Florida, said he was doing a tune up. Scammer found viruses and asked user for permission to charge $159.95 for a virus removal. User denied permission and shut pc down. The mini-tune up was $39.99 originally, the scammer charged ~$55.

Scammer was from this company.

Other info: I ran roguekiller, tdsskiller, malwarebytes, superantispyware, and spybot in safe mode. I also checked the proxy info and reset all of it to default.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OMG-Tech-Help/internet/OMG-Tech-Help-Computer-Service-Repair-Internet-1061007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OMG Tech Help

OMG TECH Support

AUTHOR: Mark Clements - ()

I have an Old HP Pavilion dv 4000, which I constantly had issues with. I somehow foolishly purchased a $39.00 on line tune up, which eventually had me buying into a more advance repair and protection program around $500.00, yes I know now - STUPID !!!!!  Fortunately I have Norton which actually somehow ??? over road whatever monkey business they were pretending to be doing, and I was on the phone today STUPIDLY still hoping this company was legit, and fortunately the Norton System kept knocking their connection off, so they could not remotely mess with it.

I was on the phone for a hour or more with one of their techs and had me go into safe mode, but he really did not what he was doing, this would all be just funny, but i got RIPPED OFF for about half a grand !  Of course you should have better sense than spend that kind of money with a total stranger, and yes the  TECH SUPPORT NUMBER IS 855-316-8324,  they are suppose to have a REAL tech call me next Monday - December 2nd, 2013.  I still so stupid as to beleive they might still be legit and that's how these people prey on you, cause we honest people want to beleive them.  DON"T !!! go to a local certified tech ! think about it, at least you can cofront them FACE TO FACE in PERSON !

THIS COMPANY HAS ALL DRUG USERS IN IT FROM REHABS IN WEST PALM BEACH INCLUDING JP

AUTHOR: PETE DA PIMP - ()

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE , UNORGINIZED , THE OWNER JP IS A DRUGGIIEE ALL THE EMPLOYESS 90% OF THEM WILL BUY SHAT ON YUR CREDIT CARD SO BUYER BEWARE , THIS IS A CALL CENTER DUMP WATCH OUT , SCREW THESE PEPOLE , MAMNAGER S DO DOPE IN BATHROOMS DONT KNOW NOTHING BOUT COMPUTERS , AND WHO CARES IF YOU HAVE A WB SITE THE BIGEST SCAMERS HAVE WEB SITE S AND PAY BBB FOR A A+ RATING GET REAL LOSERS

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

OMG Tech Help Computer Service & Repair Internet

AUTHOR: OMG Tech Help - ()

At OMG Tech Help we appreciate any and all comments regarding our service. Both positive and negative.

Our first question is that if you are a qualified technician as you state, why don’t you post your full name address and phone number in your post? Most people who hide generally don’t. We have our website www.omgtechhelp.com and with our phone number posted everywhere so people can find us.

So let’s look at the facts as you state them, your customer was trying to install a media player, didn’t have any antivirus protection and started receiving pop ups. What media player did he or she install? He or she then goes on line for support finds an advertisement and calls into our call center in order to clean out the spy ware and viruses. This takes time plus the cost of Anti-Virus software.

Your customer was then informed about the price and decided not to buy. Every consumer has the right not to buy if they don’t want to. Where is this a problem?

In your own admission the computer had viruses. You ran the computer in safe mode and used 5 different anti viruses and did a reset to fix the problem. How much time did it take you to run all of these programs?

OMG Tech Help is a full service tech support company. We are 100% US based and have 115 technicians and 150 support people on staff and service over 50000 computers worldwide. We have a money back guarantee for our customers so that if your computer issue is not fixed we will refund 100% of your money. We understand not every computer is fixable which is why we offer the guarantee. Our technicians work many hours into the night to insure customer satisfaction.

A link to our website is below.

Unless you have factual information on how you or your customer have been defrauded I’d be very careful about false claims. We have no factual information to indicate there was a customer here nor do we have any office in Bocucatan. We also have no information that this is connected to our business.