surrender

• Reported By: Jim — North Richland Hills Texas USA
ONCOR Electric Delivery
1616 Woodall Rodgers Fwy. Dallas, Texas United States of America

ONCOR Electric Delivery Chraged for Meter Tampering Dallas, Texas

According to ONCOR I have tampered with my electrical meter and they have monetarily charged me for replacing the unit. According to ONCOR, I tampered with the device, turning it upside down which causes a faulty reading. Supposable they have evidence of this.

What I seen are pictures of my meter, not upside down, but showing as normal. And pictures where a seal is supposable broken. From the pictures you can't tell what, if any, damage there is.

I contacted my utility provider after I received the pictures from ONCOR, and filed a dispute challenging the charges and ask for them to be reviewed. Less than 24 hours later them called me back and said that after contacting ONCOR, the charges stand because ONCOR said they were legitimate.

SO, I have been tried, found gulity, and sentenced without so much as any chance of disputing the claims that ONCOR has made. I am just suppose to believe that what they say is true and pay the bill.

I did not touch the meter, let alone turn it upside down. I think that if ONCOR were to look at my utility usage, which apparently only they have records of, they would see that I have been using about the same amounts since I moved in 17 months ago.

I do not beleive these charges to be fair and I certainly do not believe the methods that ONCOR and my provider used to alert me of the problem are fair. I only found out that there was a "problem" when I received my normal bill. No prior notice, no knock on the door asking me about the so called damage, no nothing.

Here's the other kicker. If I do not pay the bill in full by the due date, they will send a disconnect notice and turn my power off.  Some fair dispute process .. either pay or be turned off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2011 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ONCOR-Electric-Delivery/Dallas-Texas-75202/ONCOR-Electric-Delivery-Chraged-for-Meter-Tampering-Dallas-Texas-710126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ONCOR Electric Delivery