• Submitted: Tue, August 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 12, 2004

• Reported By:Angola Indiana

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Viglante twit won't admit he is wrong

*Consumer Suggestion: heres a tip

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Doing -half- an investigation job isn't good enough - What Bunk!

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry, I just followed the trail

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: People are calling and and harrassing me because of you!

Same as the many other listed reports here. My Verizon bill for August has an 11 minute call to United Kingdom placed at 1:17 A.M., long after my family is asleep. I contacted USBI, the billing agent/clearing house for One Call Communications. They informed me I had to contact One Call. Verizon also told me to contact One Call, as they could not help either. (One Call Communications generates a lot more revenue for Verizon than my measly long distance bill)

I spoke with Frankie at One Call Communications, and she advised what you have all heard....."somebody in your home accessed a website of theirs, and she could block it for me"....I didn't visit ANY website at 1:17 a.m., so if you subscribe to the software/modem hijacking theory (which seems logical) then one would assume I must have breezed through one of their sites at one time and they "lifted" my phone number off my computer, which I would assume is illegal. The only problem with that theory for me is, I have a direcway satellite hookup.(hence no phone line/modem active)

I went ahead and paid the $29.93 since Verizon wouldn't help and I'm not about to let them send me to collection for 29 bucks. I figure these guys have been able to collect millions doing this, so the best course for action is probably a class action lawsuit. I'm not usually one for litigation, but with a company like this, your better off to try to win a lawsuit BEFORE the FTC shuts them down...Anybody else up for it?

By the way...One Call Communications is owned by Richard Irving 3239 EdenWay Place, Carmel IN 46033 and his home phone number is 317-818-1239 and the office second number is 317-580-7300.. and his e-mail is rirving@onecall.net The local sales rep is Darcy Schafer and her e-mail is dschafer@onecall.net..GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Angola, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2004 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ONE-CALL-COMMUNICATIONS/CARMEL-Indiana-46032/ONE-CALL-COMMUNICATIONS-STUFFED-MY-VERIZON-BILL-WITH-CALL-TO-UK-442077485895-CARMEL-Indian-105206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ONE CALL COMMUNICATIONS

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Viglante twit won't admit he is wrong

Dear Tim of Angola,

You are a vigilante twit who won't admit he
is wrong.

That isn't uncommon among the under-eduacted,
and illiterate.

You blame -all- the workers of Enron for the actions of Ken Lay.. Your first Clue, they have NO idea.

Do think _anyone_ who was an employee had -any-
idea what Ken was up to ?

In your sanctimonious diatribe, is it beyond you that you persecute an innocent person ?

Do you realize the only reason you have my name is -I- have helped and assisted -every- person who has contacted me, as best as I can, as -that- is the kind of person I am ?

Ask the people who have posted on here.

This type of Vigilante ignorance should be abolished, and YOU should apologize.

When you are WRONG, you should admit you are WRONG.

The only sleezebag in this is YOU.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

heres a tip

AUTHOR: Timothy J - (U.S.A.)

if you don't want people to think you are an ***hole, don't act like an ***hole...
if you don't want people to think you are a crook, don't work for a crook.....
regardless of the time frame this companies divisions were sold, you were with them through ftc investigations (opticom) and tons of questionable activity...what goes around comes around

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Doing -half- an investigation job isn't good enough - What Bunk!

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

My name is associated with One Call Communications, because after having left Government work, I came to the outside to help Pioneer the Web, with that company as a base, and founded One Call -Internet-. At first we were a separate division, and soon a separate building...
then we sold the company altogether. That was almost a half a decade ago.

Let that sink in.

You will find me as a Charter Member of the
National Internet Exchanges, hence why my name is "all over the web". {Hint: Long Distance carriers
DON'T PEER. Duhh!) Unlike Gore, we really did help pioneer the National Infrastructure (NIIS). So,
you can thank me, among others, for your very ability to harrass me.

And, you will find One Call Internet, and One Call Communications are -different- companies. The addresses are -different-, Internet is at 701 Congressional... Communications is at 801, further down the street. -And- they have different owners,
employees, and officers, and -have- for almost half a decade.

How long have you been in -your- job ?

Think on that, last time Darcey and I were One Call Communications employees, we weren't at war, the economy was booming, and everyone LOVED the President.

Shoot, freedom of speech still existed, we could actually -count- the vote, -and- there was NO Patriot Act ! The President still -believed- in the Constitution, as the basis of our Nation. It seems like an eternity ago.

Simple fact, "Cluso", the nature of things change with time.

And as far as your "lie down with dogs get up
with fleas"... what utter bull! I have NO control over that company, and what it does. It is sort of like having dated a woman in her virginal teens, and later she turns into Courtney Love.

She wasn't a s**t when -I- dated her!

My suggestion, leave investigation to -competant- trained people, what -you- are doing is called LIBEL. Even when confronted with that -fact- you are too ignorant to admit you are in error, but instead, you try to defend it with such utter
nonsense, and poison pen.

Not acceptable.

With even the -least bit- of Due Diligence you would realize I don't own a d**n thing. That information is all available via DNB. This is
akin to harrassing an Enron -employee- from 1995, a decade after the fact, because Ken Layee (sp?) was involved in fraudulent activity, 5 years later.

Pure outragous Libel.

And, furthermore, your e-stalking, and posting of confidential information on the web, is -way- over the top.

I suspect it constitutes a crime, but certainly LIBEL, at minimum.

You owe me a retraction, and an apology, at least.

And, quite frankly, the host of this site should purge these posts. But, from what I read, that isn't going to happen without sending him money.

I have no intention of cowing to extortion.

My question isn't if you should hear from my lawyer, but from the local FBI instead.

In addition the "submit a rebuttal" fine print should be criminal. I have to agree to allow this
s**t to be posted to REFUTE LIBEL AND LIES.

Well, I don't agree.. but, there is no other way to submit a refutation.

What pure Bunko !

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry, I just followed the trail

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

Sorry Richard, but the "trail" has your name plastered all over it. All I did was "google" the name of the company that "stuffed" my bill. (One Call Communications, Inc.) On the first page of responses is "Switch and Data" with the name One Call Communications, Inc. 801 Congressional Blvd. Suite 100 Carmel, Indiana 46032. (This was also the address given to me by USBI, the billing agent for One Call Communications, Inc.) Since that was a perfect match, I clicked on it and the web page that appears (as of this morning BTW) lists the company name and address as described above as well as Representative: Dacry Schafer....Peering Contact: Richard Irving Email rirving@onecall.net....NOC contact Richard Irving.(most folks would think national operations center for noc)..Voice 317-580-7217. All I did then was check the ultimate white pages because I figured you lived near the office....Whether or not you are an "ex" employee is unfortunately kind of irrelevant because YOUR name is the only one that is associated ANYWHERE on the web with One Call Communications, Inc. which would lead the average person to believe you are associated in some way with the company. I didn't mean to slander an innocent party, but if you lay with dogs you'll get some fleas......

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

People are calling and and harrassing me because of you!

My name is Richard Irving, and I do NOT own
One Call Communications... I never did.

I worked for One Call INTERNET, a legitimate
business... at one time One Call Internet
was owned by One Call Communications, (1995) but
One Call Communications was sold to a bank (?)Called "Monument" around the year 2000,
and One Call Internet went seperate ways.

One Call Internet is at:

One Call Long distance is

I will repeat, I am NOT the owner, of -either-
company, just an (ex) employee.

OneCall.Net is -not- a long distance company,
nor are we a licensed IXC. Our new site is
at www.nframe.com, we are in the colocation

Nor, BTW, do I own One Call Internet, either.

I -now- have people calling my HOUSE as well
as work, to "get revenge" as you have suggested,
at your web site.

I am an honest engineer...I should not be forced
to endure this stalking and harrasment, based upon your lies.