Complaint Review: ONE STOP MOTORS

• Updated: Sat, December 01, 2007

• Reported By:Nixa Missouri
ONE STOP MOTORS
onestopmotors.com Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

ONE STOP MOTORS, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA Attempted Ripoff ref. selling my RV. Las Vegas Nevada

On 11-26-07 we were contacted by "John" of One Stop Motors, Las Vegas, NV, who wanted to sell our motorhome for us. He asked questions about it to determine if it was something they would handle, and made promises to get us more money than we were asking. He said he thought our asking price was too low. He also stated that he was sure we could have $100,000 in our hands before Christmas and cancel our insurance on it. Sounds pretty enticing, don't you think? After I said we would be interested, he said he would have someone in their sales department call back as they had to approve the transaction and would establish the price.

Within the hour, "Michelle" called and asked lots of questions about the equipment, motor, color of the interior, paint, etc. She verified the price at $99,999 and stated they would sell it fast, we would get our money before the RV left our property, and stated that once it leaves our driveway, it is gone...that if it was hit by a tornado down the street, it would not be our worry. And of course, they required $499 for their fee, and stated that it would be advertised until it is sold...no further fee would be involved. I asked when the $499 had to be paid. Not surprisingly, it had to be upfront.

When I asked how it would be advertised, Michelle asked me to go to Yahoo and type in "classic corvette", and also directed me through some RV's for sale. stated that we'd have to think about it. After some thought, I decided to do a little research on the company.

I never heard of Ripoff Reports before, but I want to thank all of you right now for your good information. You probably saved us $499 and a lot of hassle. Keep up the good work. I think these people should be in jail!

Tbear
Nixa, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2007 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ONE-STOP-MOTORS/Las-Vegas-Nevada/ONE-STOP-MOTORS-LAS-VEGAS-NEVADA-Attempted-Ripoff-ref-selling-my-RV-Las-Vegas-Nevada-288225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ONE STOP MOTORS