Complaint Review: ONREBATE.COM - TIGER DIRECT

• Submitted: Fri, October 29, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 16, 2004

• Reported By:Bainbridge New York
ONREBATE.COM - TIGER DIRECT
P.O. Box 3028 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

ONREBATE.COM - TIGER DIRECT ripoff - Did not send rebate - 30 emails, just going in circles Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: Our experience with Tiger/On-Rebate identical to Robert from Bainbridge NY

Well, I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this!
I ordered a dvd writer from Tiger Direct back in July of 2004.It came with a $30 rebate that I filled out and attached the necessary info the day the dvd writer was delivered. I went to onrebate occasionaly to check my status, and it seemed to be progressing. On August 2 I received an email that everything was completed and I would receive my check in 4-6 weeks. It is now 3 months later and I have no check. I have been writing the company emails with all three addresses in the To>(status@onrebate.com, webmaster@onrebate.com & support@onrebate.com).

First I got Hugo, who relied after about 4 emails. He said that since I changed my paytype to PAYPAL if it did not get processed in the next 48 hours he would make "special arrangements" to get me my payment ASAP. Well, no PAYPAL payment showed up, so back to emailing Hugo. After about 4 more emails to Hugo, I got an automated response from Jesus. 4 more emails and Jesus finally responded that he found my claim, and I would need to print out the rebate form, attach my proof-of-purchase and send it in. Of course I don't have my proof-of-purchase because it was sent in 3 months ago!

Jesus is basically incompetant, it seems like I am going in circles with him. I email them every night now, no response 75% of the time and the other 25% Jesus tells me something completely unrelated to the info I send him.

I am so frustrated now that I am ready to see this company get what they deserve!

Robert
Bainbridge, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2004 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ONREBATECOM-TIGER-DIRECT/Miami-Florida-33144/ONREBATECOM-TIGER-DIRECT-ripoff-Did-not-send-rebate-30-emails-just-going-in-circle-115255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ONREBATE.COM - TIGER DIRECT

Our experience with Tiger/On-Rebate identical to Robert from Bainbridge NY

AUTHOR: Ken - (Canada)

Ditto to Robert from Bainbridge NY.

Our experience in dealing with Tiger and their fully owned rebate fulfillment house On-Rebate was identical in everyway to Robert.

We got e-mails to our detailed inquiries on late rebates from a couple of individuals named "Hugo" and "Jesus".

Notably they did not address the content of the e-mail letters we sent them. Hugo trys to get people to send stuff they claim is missing in again...undoubtedly so it can be branded "late".
Jesus tells people to go look at their status at the On-Rebate website...ie not processed, we aren't paying, go away.

We believe that the names Hugo and Jesus are both fictitious.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT...! LET'S sue these bums !