receives

• Updated: Mon, May 23, 2005

• Reported By:Ottawa Ontario
ONREBATE.com - Tiger Direct
8401 Woodbine Ave., Markham, Ontario Canada

ONREBATE.com - Tiger Direct Rebate approved, never received. Over 4 months have passed now. Markham Ontario

*Consumer Suggestion: Tiger has a new policy

I purchased a hard drive from Tigerdirect.ca in January 2005 and have been patiently awaiting the $40.00 rebate promised. I entered the data in the Onrebate.com website.

After a few months I enquired and was told it was coming. Then I enquired again (April 20) and was told:
"for some odd reason your check never went out, I made a check request, a check will be sent out to you within 2 weeks, "

Today is May 23, 2005. I just checked the status on their website and everything is "approved" except the cheque is shown to not be issues. Does anyone have advice on what we can do about this?

Calvin
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2005 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ONREBATEcom-Tiger-Direct/Markham-Ontario/ONREBATEcom-Tiger-Direct-Rebate-approved-never-received-Over-4-months-have-passed-no-143748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ONREBATE.com - Tiger Direct

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Good News.

I am having similar problems with Onrebate and Tiger (see my Rip-off listing), and I just talked to a VERY helpful rep at Tiger. Tiger just came up with a new policy in the last several weeks and it is recently posted on their web-site. Basically, if a rebate company doesn't pay out the rebate within 10 weeks (and of course you did everything right), then Tiger will pay you the rebate. You have to download a form and provide approriate documentation. I gather that Tiger will then back-charge the rebate company for having to pay this out.

My opinion is that this is exactly what Tiger should do in the first place; Let Tiger wait for their money instead of the consumer having to fight. It would make a lot of sense to send (1) check to Tiger instead of thousands to individual buyers.

Not as good news.

On the other side, Tiger told me they sent out a check 10 days ago, and I have yet to see this check. Although they are promising to pay me, there is no E.T.A on when Tiger will be paying. It appears that when Tiger "sent" the check, it merely means that somewhere internally they have started the process to pay, and it also depends on when your request hit their "cycle" which is every 2 weeks.

#2 Consumer Suggestion