Complaint Review: ONSTAR

• Submitted: Thu, March 13, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, March 13, 2014

• Reported By: ROY — GREEN RIVER Wyoming
, Select State/Province USA

My wife attempted to make an emergency call using onstar in our 2013 Suburban.  Onstar advised her that there were no minutes in our account and transferred her to someone trying to sell minutes.  The emergency was of a personal nature where she could not have used the RED button.

I called onstar and loudly complained, they could only assist me from my Suburban onstar connection and after 20 plus minutes they finally reinstated my 326 previously paid for minutes as "A SPECIAL SERVICE TO ME".  Giving me back my own minutes was a consession to them.  I repeatly asked for some explanation as to why my minutes were removed, no answer even after contacting onstar customer service, only SHE COULD HAVE USED THE RED BUTTON.

I am not sure if this is some kind of GM ripoff but it sure looks like it.  Beware to all who are considering purchasing the onstar service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2014 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ONSTAR/Select-StateProvince/ONSTAR-GENERAL-MOTORS-DENIAL-OF-SERVICES-DETROIT-MICHIGAN-1130564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ONSTAR