Complaint Review: OOMA

• Updated: Sat, September 24, 2011

• Reported By: David B — HAMILTON Virginia United States of America
OOMA

OOMA OOMA'S "PREMIUM SERVICE" RIPOFF Internet

My wife bought me an Ooma box for $200.  When I set up an account with Ooma, the main thing I wanted was to synch the Ooma box with my current home telephone number.  I had to give them a credit card number.  Ooma customer service was unable to synch my home number, after several attempts.  Ooma did, however, "automatically" sign me up for their "premium service." at $9.99 per month.  [It must be noted that Ooma advertises a one-time fee for the box and no monthly fees.  When my company credit card was audited, I was informed that Ooma had been hitting my credit card for several months at $9.99 each month.  One question:  If I cannot even get the VOIP service to synch my home number, how could I possibly use a "premium service?"  My credit card company was unable to reverse the Ooma monthly charges, as Ooma defended its practice by saying that I did not "opt out."  I am interested to be in contact with other Ooma users who have also had this experience.  The Ooma box has never worked.  Ooma was only interested in monthly cash flow, not providing the service for which the box was purchased.  Ooma is the worst company I have ever dealt with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2011 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OOMA/internet/OOMA-OOMAS-PREMIUM-SERVICE-RIPOFF-Internet-780752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OOMA