Complaint Review: ORCHARD BANK CREDIT

• Updated: Wed, July 18, 2007

• Reported By:Randallstown Maryland
ORCHARD BANK CREDIT
www.orchardbank.com Nationwide U.S.A.

ORCHARD BANK CREDIT RAISED CREDIT LIMIT W/O CONSENT RIPOFF RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND

*Consumer Comment: Payment and added to Credit Limit

These company is a RIP-OFF. I applied for a credit card online in 2004 to raise my credit score and have a card for any emergency It was accepted and I had a $300 limit. I used the card from time to time but never went over the $300 limit. Well I got an email statement that said I owe $60 and my payment was late but how do I owe when the card is paid off. Well these jerks increased my limit to $500 w/o my consent! Now that means I owe them $200 to bring my account current, WTF is that about? I'm on the phone with them right now but they have me on hold for the last 10mins or so. DONT TRUST THIS COMPANY GET A CREDIT CARD FROM YOU BANK OR JUST PAY CASH

KD
Randallstown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2007 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ORCHARD-BANK-CREDIT/nationwide/ORCHARD-BANK-CREDIT-RAISED-CREDIT-LIMIT-WO-CONSENT-RIPOFF-RANDALLSTOWN-MARYLAND-256419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ORCHARD BANK CREDIT

Payment and added to Credit Limit

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

I had a gambling addiction for two years and finally have no been "clean" for a year and a month. Because I totally ruined my credit I could not get any of the "good" cards that I have now, so I opened an account with Orchard Bank - HSBC. I will agree that some of their practices are a little fishy, however; I can't exactly remember what it cost to open the account but there is a set up fee and an annual fee which just became due for me. They sent me a paper statement which is also available online!!

I paid it in plenty of time, however, since as someone said before it seems like they hold it until the due date and I worried so I sent them an online payment which made me have a credit to my account.

I e-mailed them and within the week they sent me a check for the credit.

On raising your credit limit, I do not understand how them raising your limit would make you owe 200.00?? They raised mine and I have no problems, of course I have a zero balance so I have no issues. Also, advice you might want to go online and check your balances to all your credit cards reguarly. That is how I keep on top of things.

Just some friendly advice!!