• Report: #206201

PO BOX Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 503-293-4037
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

ORCHARD BANK HSBC CARD SERVICES ORCHARD BANK MAIN OBJECTIVE IS LOAN $200 CHARGE $500 IN FEES LOAN SHARKS SALINAS California

*Consumer Comment: Postively near Loan Sharking

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Orchand Bank

*Consumer Comment: Orchard Secure Credit Card Holds onto Deposit for No Reason

*Consumer Comment: Orchard Bank Ok by me

*Consumer Comment: Truely Happy w/Orchard Bank, They even gave me a Second Chance after encluding them in Bancruptcy!

*Consumer Suggestion: Orchard Bank -NO PROBLEMS!

*Consumer Comment: dont exactly understand either.

*Consumer Comment: Don't quite understand the complaint

Everything bad you read about this company is TRUE!! Their fees are OUTRAGEOUS and not warranted. I believe the only reason they lend you money is to then assess late charges, over limit fees, interest and insurance. I've had to call 3 times for them to get my address correct!!!! I can't believe the stunts this company gets away with!!! They continue to charge me 60.00 a month late and over limit fees and what put me over limit is interest and fees!!!! TRUTH!!!

Oh and here's another great feature of this company. They don't even give you an 800 number for Customer Service.

Lisa
COSTA MESA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2006 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ORCHARD-BANK/nationwide/ORCHARD-BANK-HSBC-CARD-SERVICES-ORCHARD-BANK-MAIN-OBJECTIVE-IS-LOAN-200-CHARGE-500-IN-FE-206201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ORCHARD BANK

Postively near Loan Sharking

AUTHOR: John R - (U.S.A.)

After being a card holder for nearly one year Orchard has rewarded me with a.03%APR interest hike per month. They have never raised my credit limit over $300.00.

I have charged in access of $2000.00 on this card and paid 3 to 4x's the min amount due several days before the due date. On some occasions I have paid the balance 2 to 3 times in a 1 month period to keep a credit balance.
Their notice states a credit bureau report was in whole or part used to reach this decision. My credit report was worst at the time of issuance then now. My other credit card has given several increases in my credit limit, $500.00 in less than a year with a $50.00 reduction in the annual fee.

On the positive side I have never experienced any problem with the card usage. They do have a good web site and do provide free payment on line. However you pay a price for this. The question here is "How high a price"?

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Orchand Bank

AUTHOR: Marvin - (U.S.A.)

As a former consumer banker -

Orchad Bank cards serve a purpose, the purpose is to give you credit when no one else will give you credit. These portfolios carry 30-40 percent charge off rates - so the high fees are there to offset the respective losses.

If you want to rebuild credit - Great, don't pay the minimum payments, use the card until your credit gets back in order, then graduate to another card.

Never ever under any circumstances be late. Pay it online to ensure that, and you'll be a happy camper. Otherwise the blame lies with you.

Orchard Secure Credit Card Holds onto Deposit for No Reason

AUTHOR: P. - (U.S.A.)

Be careful when giving them money for a secure credit card. April 05 I took advantage of their secure credit card and sent them $400. They told me I would get a refund in a year if I maintained a good account.

This is not true. It has been 18 months and my current baance is $0, I over-pay or pay off the card every month, have NEVER been late, have 2 other non-secure cards with other companies in good standing.

They refuse to tell me WHY I cannot go unsecured. I have asked for specific details, have spent hours on the phone speaking with Reps and Supv. who say they can only send my request to the secure dept. Apparently the secure dept. doesn't talk to customers, and only sends you generic turn down letters.

I am thinking of filing a small claims lawsuit against them to get my deposit back. Bet I'll hear from them at that time.

Orchard Bank Ok by me

AUTHOR: Anne - (U.S.A.)

I have had absolutely no problems with this card! I have received credit limit increases and I have even had late charges and over the limit fees reveresed and credited. I never have a problem contacting customer service and I pay everything online with no feee and get email reminders when my payment is due. I agree with the other people who have had good experiences, pay on time and manage your credit and you should not have a problem!

Anne S.
Illinois

AUTHOR: Brenda - (U.S.A.)

I am so pleased with Orchard Bank. I had one of their cards previously. Always paid my bill on time (usually early). They increased my limit twice in one year.

Then I became ill, and had to go on unpaid medical leave from my job, eventually I fell behind in payments, and yes I was charged late fees and overlimit fees and interest. Even after the account was closed (interest on the balance only), but all this I fully understood and could not dispute.

I filed bancruptcy and they were included in that proceeding (all my debts were discharged 1/14/06).

3 weeks ago I reapplied and they have given me a second chance, and at a higher limit than when I started with the first card prior to the bancruptcy. You must pay you bills and pay them on time. I would recommend Orchard Bank to anyone.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Orchard Bank -NO PROBLEMS!

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

I have had a credit card account with these folks without any problems. I pay online, and the only time an over limit fee was assessed- they were fair about it and removed it with a simple call to their customer service.(Number on back of your card)
The problem with credit cards is people get a $500 credit limit-max out the card-pay the minimum payment- and yes, you will exceed your credit limit of $500 shortly as the intrest fees are applied monthly to your account!!
It's been stated over and over again and again, you can't pay the monthly minimum on credit cards!!!!! If you can't pay then don't spend!!!
I have a credit card for two purposes:
#1- car rentals
#2- hotel reservations
ALL other purchases are the cash in my pocket! If you don't have the cash folks, then don't be buying anything!! If you can't pay today- you won't be able to pay at the end of the month!
Simple logic!! Credit Card companies pray on IGNORANCE in this country! And the sad thing is--
it ABOUNDS!!!!
If your going to use Credit Cards- Then educate yourself or get the knowledge from experts before jumping in head first! Credit card companies are making a fortune off IGNORANCE!!!
I apologize for being so blunt but sometimes that motivates people with excellent results. Hope this will enlighten you so as not to be victimized by our unscrupulous American corporations!!!!!

dont exactly understand either.

AUTHOR: Brent - (U.S.A.)

ive never had problems with this company (so far) paying online is easy and free. There is also an 800 number you can call. just go to www.orchardbank.com/ccssa/OBCustomerCare?cmd_Redirect=ContactUs. all the contact information you need is right there.

Don't quite understand the complaint

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

IF you don't pay your bill on time, you are late. I had an Orchard card for a few years. You can always pay online. Just because you changed your address doesn't mean they get have to send you a bill before you pay. You are still responsible for paying on time.

You obviously have a computer. It doesn't cost a penny to pay your bill online. Also, insurance is optional, and worthless.

manufacturer