Complaint Review: OSI Collections

• Submitted: Sat, April 18, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, April 19, 2009

• Reported By:paducah Kentucky
OSI Collections
200 South Executive Drive Brookefield, Wisconsin U.S.A.

OSI Collections After ten years they want money????? Brookefield Wisconsin

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: OSI

*Consumer Comment: Debt to the government.

*Consumer Comment: Know your rights!!! Fair Debt Collection Practices Act!

*Consumer Comment: You owe

I was contacted by Osi collections. The woman I talked to who treated me like the scum of the earth was rose. Osi collections stated that I owed AAFES over 10,000.00 That was news to me. I contacted AAFES and tried to figure out what was going on. I was told by the wonman I talked to that I could not pay AAFES direct. I had to go through OSI. That seems weird that a company that I owe money to would not jump at the chance to get paid?

I asked why the mass amount of intrest and penalties on the accnt. I was told by AAFES that OSI is entitled to a 20% fee of the amoumt owed that is just added to what was already a huge amount of money. I asked an agent of Osi to fax me the details of the accnt. I get no response from Osi and They took my tax money last year and took my stimulus money too. Thinking of taking money out of my 401k and just ending this once and for all. But will this end once it is paid? I pulled a credit report and They are not listed on it? I kept the e mails from and too AAFES where they turned me down on paying them directly. Can they legaly do all this after so long a time?

Jake
paducah, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2009 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OSI-Collections/Brookefield-Wisconsin-53005/OSI-Collections-After-ten-years-they-want-money-Brookefield-Wisconsin-444768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OSI Collections

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

OSI

AUTHOR: Unhappyrenter2009 - (U.S.A.)

For the most part, OSI collects on student loans.  There is a small faction that does medical billing and whatnot.   But with tax garnishment, this looks like student loan.

the problem is with student loans, you owe the government.  The place you took the loan out with only keeps it for so long and then it goes to OSI.  You do not not owe AAFES the money (if thats a student loan agency) you actually owe the government.

what a lot of people do not realize is that at OSI, they are honestly trying to help you.  Usually they can offere you different programs that willhelp you get this taken care of and help your credit report.  I worked there for 3 years.  Its hard to get people to talk on the phone when they owe money.. but once they listen, they are usually appreciative.

Debt to the government.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I think the other rebuttals missed this very important statement by the author:

""They took my tax money last year and took my stimulus money too.""

There is either a money judgment in place, or (as I suspect) this person owes the money to the federal government (via AAFES.) As many of us know, changes in the laws have made it so that in many cases their is NO SOL for debts owed to the government.

Know your rights!!! Fair Debt Collection Practices Act!

AUTHOR: Teri - (U.S.A.)

Every state has a limit on the amount of time that a debtor can be held liable for a debt. Don't know what state you're in, but you should go find out exactly how much time is allowed in your state!!

You owe

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

You said "That seems weird that a company that I owe money to would not jump at the chance to get paid?" That says you know you owe.

Did you honestly think that a debt would just go away if you ignored it?