• Submitted: Tue, January 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2008

• Reported By:azusa California
Nationwide U.S.A.

I had a charge of $12.04 billed to my home phone (ground line) that was supposed to have been a collect call from a (phone booth in the Phoenix area). 623-245 8862. This bill had been forwarded to Verizon by The Billing Resources the clearinghouse agent for OSP Communications.

When I called my provider Verizon a customer sevice person (Gail) told me to call OSPLLC at 866 460 0837.
When I called that number I was talked to very rudely by a man (didn't get his name) who insisted that I had excepted the call and thus the charges and there was nothing that he could do about it and I would have to pay. After arguing briefly with him I told him no and to let me talk to someone else. Well, after being put on hold again for way too long a lady picked up and told me immediatly that they would remove the charges. Her name was Shely (shelly).

I do not even have a telephone plugged in. My Verizon service was ordered for internet purposes only. After Shely at OSPLLC told me they would remove the charges, I called Verizon again to insure that all collect or any operater assisted calls are blocked.

I feel that one of these companies either The Billing Resource or OSP is ripping unsuspecting people off. Both should be investigated.

Verizon Customer OSPLLC Victim
azusa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2008 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OSP-COMMUNICATIONS-OSP/nationwide/OSP-COMMUNICATIONS-OSPLLC-SCAMMING-WITH-PHONY-COLLECT-CALL-CHARGES-NATIONWIDE-298085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OSP COMMUNICATIONS ,OSP