Complaint Review: OTL*SCORE SENSE

• Submitted: Fri, April 06, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 29, 2013

• Reported By: VON SCUTTLER — SAN FRANCISCO California United States of America
OTL*SCORE SENSE

OTL*SCORE SENSE EXPERIAN THEY ACCESSED MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT AND HELPED THEMSELVES TO $29.95, NOT ONCE BUT FIVE TIMES!! INTERNET, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Time to get some Class!

*Consumer Comment: I Never Requested These Credit Reports!

*Consumer Comment: rebuttal to #6 Consumer report

*UPDATE Employee: scoresense is NOT a scam

*Consumer Suggestion: How To Fight Back Against ScoreSense

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

*Consumer Comment: NATIONWIDE BANK ALERT: Make sure to stay at this site and type in- BANK, and...

*Consumer Comment: ERRONEOUS OBSERVATION

*Consumer Suggestion: You or someone in your family almost certainly signed up for a free or $1 credit score check months ago.

The Score sense Co. has billed my credit card account without my authorization fives times for a total of $149.45. I don't know how they did this, I want my money back!

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here. Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action. And good luck Let us know how you do! ED Magedson Founder RipoffReport.com Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com Rip-off Report PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OTLSCORE-SENSE/internet/OTLSCORE-SENSE-EXPERIAN-THEY-ACCESSED-MY-CREDIT-CARD-ACCOUNT-AND-HELPED-THEMSELVES-TO-2-864855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OTL*SCORE SENSE

Time to get some Class!

AUTHOR: Marlene - ()

My husband and I believe it's high time that a CLASS ACTION suit be filed against this scam.

He's planning on contacting the Attorney General of Texas.

Anybody on board?

I Never Requested These Credit Reports!

AUTHOR: Stephany - ()

People keep assuming that consumers signed up for these services and should be liable.  But I never signed up for this!  I don't even use that debit card anymore and never saw any score reports from ScoreSense.  I have a monthly score report through USAA that I've had for years.  I have no need for these services.  I keep getting the run around with this company and refuse to give up.  My card was charged twice before I could get in contact with them to deal with the issue.  They did just as everyone else has said, they told me they'd file the request with management and, just like everyone else, they refunded the $1 but not the two charges for $29.95.

rebuttal to #6 Consumer report

AUTHOR: Derek - ()

Unfortunately you assume that Scoresense plays by the rules.

In my case I signed up for the 7 day free trial in Dec 2013 and looked at the data they provided then called them and cancelled my trial the same day.  Yes, the terms indicate billing of $29.95 after the trial but I thought I had stopped the trial by phone.  During that call I was told there may be a billing but it would be reversed.

I saw the billing in Jan for $29.95 but waited for the reversal.  They bill in advance so by time I received my Feb CC bill they had hit my account twice.  I was traveling in Feb and missed the 3rd billing before I called and asked what's going on.  The person I talked with "looked up my record" and told me there was no record of my call to cancel.  He also said there was no indication of use on my part except for the first access when I set up the trial.  He insisted I look at my credit reports and print them to see what I was missing.  Which I did.  He then tried to get me to sign up for a lesser cost version and I declined.  I accepted this as standard practice to try to recover an account but I insisted he cancel the account and refund my money (3 months at $29.95).  He said he would cancel the account and put in a request to the Corporate office for a refund.  Shortly after the call I received an email indicating the account had been canceled.  Today I received an email titled "Your Scoressense membership refund request" saying I was approved for a refund of $1 which would be posted within 3-5 days. Refund status on the email also included a "not approved: The refund was not approved because you requested the refund after your communicated billing date" note.

Maybe I called to cancel too soon.  At any rate I should have insisted on an acknowledgement when I called the first time to cancel the day I signd up.

I don't know about 5 months to see the charges but mine were 3 months.  Maybe you don't see the Rip Off because you (like me) assumed Scoresense was honorable.

By the way the $1 refund was for a "Billed amount of $1.00" which was never billed to my credit card.  I signed up for a free trial of 7 days then cancelled.

I don't work for them either.

scoresense is NOT a scam

AUTHOR: laysha12 - ()

ScoreSense is NOT a fraud or scam.

when you sign up on the right side before you even put in any information it states:

"Free 7-day trial when you order your 3 free credit scores. Membership is then just $29.95 per month untill you call to cancel."

people need to read what they sign up for you agree to this in the terms and conditions and the welcome email states the same thing!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

How To Fight Back Against ScoreSense

AUTHOR: ScoreSenseFightBack - ()

The keys to fighting back against unauthorized charges from ScoreSense:

1. Generally, it is a waste of your time to negotiate a refund with a ScoreSense customer service agent. They are trained to tell you that all refunds must be approved by someone else in the "corporate office" in the hope that you will give up and not fight back. The only chance that you have of getting a refund from ScoreSense is if you mention specific key words to the call center agent. They key words are "chargeback" (i.e., "I have initiated a fraud chargeback with my bank or credit card company") and "attorney general's office" (i.e., "I will be filing an official complaint with my state attorney general's office, the FTC and the Better Business Bureau"). If you mention these key words, your chances of a refund will increase dramatically.

2. The best thing you can do to fight back is to contact your bank or credit card company and tell them that the ScoreSense charges were fraudulent. Filing a chargeback is relatively easy and this is the most effective way of fighting back. Be sure to file it as a fraud chargeback. When the number of these chargebacks by defrauded consumers increases, ScoreSense may lose its ability to process credit and debit cards.

3. File complaints with the Better Business Bureau here: http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/internet-marketing-services/one-technologies-lp-in-dallas-tx-90008571

4. File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

5. File complaints with your state attorney general.

6. Post complaints on consumer sites like Ripoff Report and Complaints Board. These often show up in organic search listings and help to warn other people.

7. Post complaints on the Facebook pages of:

Scoresense: https://www.facebook.com/ScoreSense

One Technologies (owner of Scoresense): https://www.facebook.com/onetechnologies

ScoreSense

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

NATIONWIDE BANK ALERT: Make sure to stay at this site and type in- BANK, and...

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

read the Ripoff Reports from people all over America for important information if you have a bank account or a mortgage in the USA.

ERRONEOUS OBSERVATION

AUTHOR: Gene92118 - (United States of America)

A writer remarked that the person who was ripped off at some point had to have requested a credit report from Experian, otherwise they never would have debited his credit card.  Experian debited not one, but two of our credit cards when neither I nor my wife ever had any dealings whatsoever with Experian or any of its subsidiaries.  When we contacted Experian, they said that eight different people requested credit reports using our one credit card number, and four different people requested a credit report using our other credit card number.  Our names and addresses were no where to be found in their data bases because we never requested any of their services.  Nevertheless, they billed us without checking to make sure that we were any of the persons who used our credit card number.  The fact that Experian does not request the security code on the credit card allows them to bill the real owners of the cards who often never realize they are being ripped off.  In cases where real owners like ourselves catch them in this fraud, they simply say to the bank we made a mistake and will refund the money.  In the meantime, Experian continues to make millions of dollars off of card holders who don't examine their statements carefully enough to realize they are being robbed blind.  So, no, there really are people who are being billed by Experian who NEVER request any of their services.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Here's what has happened to you, from the Terms of Use link at the bottom of the home page and also the sign up page...

8. In order to use the Sites and the Services, You must provide the following information:You must provide valid debit or credit card payment information at time of enrollment in Subscription Services, or at the time of purchase of Transactional Services. We will verify your debit or credit card information before processing your order, including performing an authorization in an amount up to the stated monthly membership fee for all Subscription Services, and/or all fees associated with the purchase of Transaction Services. The authorization amount may count against your debit or credit limit. For Subscription Services which include a free-trial period, if you do not cancel your free trial within the free trial period, you will be charged at the monthly rate in effect at that time for the Subscription Services for which you enrolled. Your debit or credit card (including, if applicable, as automatically updated by your card provider following expiration or change in account number) will continue to be charged each month at the applicable monthly rate unless and until you cancel the Subscription Services. IF THE SERVICES YOU CHOOSE INCLUDE A FREE-TRIAL PERIOD, YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD IS MEASURED IN 24-HOUR DAYS. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A 7-DAY FREE TRIAL PERIOD AT 10:00 A.M. ON MARCH 1, 2010, YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD WILL EXPIRE AT 9:59 A.M. ON MARCH 8, 2010.You may be required to provide your social security number and other personal information, such as previous addresses, employment, and other names, so that your identity can be verified in order to use some Services.You must provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable form(s) for the Services and, for Subscription Services, to promptly update your information if and when it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or we have reason to believe that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your subscription or void your transaction.

9. Important Information regarding your authorization to charge your credit or debit cardBY SUBMITTING YOUR ORDER, YOU AUTHORIZE US TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT THE STATED ENROLLMENT OR TRANSACTION AMOUNT AND/OR PROCESSING FEES AND FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES ONLY, THE STATED AMOUNT PER MONTH AFTER YOUR FREE TRIAL HAS EXPIRED. Your enrollment in Subscription Services will continue month-to-month unless and until you cancel or we terminate your enrollment. If you purchase additional Services, they will be billed to the debit or credit card provided to us during enrollment.

How did you manage to take 5 months to notice this? It sounds like you haven't cancelled yet and will continue to be billed until you do.

Can you explain any other way they had your payment information?Most of these "Free" or low cost trial subscriptions work this way.

I don't see the Ripoff.

NO, I DON'T work for them.