Complaint Review: Oak Express Furniture Row Outlet

• Submitted: Sun, December 21, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 21, 2008

• Reported By:Kalamazoo Michigan
Oak Express Furniture Row Outlet
6934 S Westnedge Ave Portage, Michigan U.S.A.

Oak Express Furniture Row Outlet Poor product - poor customer service - way overpriced! Portage Michigan

I purchased an entire bedroom set with my wife and took advantage of a great same as cash promotion.

Less than 30 days after purchasing this bedroom set the finish started coming off of the dressers and side tables as well as the top of our sleigh bed.

Since this was the first major bedroom purchase my wife and I had ever made we wanted to do things right so we bought soft cork coasters and use them religiously for beverages in our room.

I called the manager when we saw the peeling finish and he said that they NEVER have problems with their finish so "...it must be due to something you set on the tables and dresser..."

When I let him know that it's the same type of damage on all three items and it is truly a peeling finish he said: "Well, if you want us to look at it you'll need to get a truck or something and bring it all in for us to take a look at because we don't get these kind of problems."

I explained to him that I don't own a u-haul and asked if I could just return the items and the answer was plainly "NO SIR YOU CANNOT".

I paid over $3,000 for the items purchased there and I feel that it was the worst purchase experience I have had in my entire 33 years of living.
I was even more disappointed as my bill finally came to begin paying fo rthis furniture and now I have $1,300 more in interest to pay.

Best advice I can give is STAY AWAY from this retailer unless you enjoy paying too much for poor products and even worse service.

Mat
Kalamazoo, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2008 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oak-Express-Furniture-Row-Outlet/Portage-Michigan-49024/Oak-Express-Furniture-Row-Outlet-Poor-product-poor-customer-service-way-overpriced-Po-403667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oak Express Furniture Row Outlet