Complaint Review: Oakale

• Updated: Tue, May 07, 2013

• Reported By: Theforkoftruth — Mason Ohio
Oakale
Internet USA

Oakale.com Bait and switch, false advertising, credit card theft, phishing, no communicaitons, broken site, no products Internet

Saw some video cards advertised through google shopping for about well under MSRP, went to the site and it showed they have 15 in stock (Liquidation store, I thought maybe it's legit) registered an account, purchased 7 cards with my AMEX. Printed my invoice. Didn't get an e-mail confirm like the site siad I would. Logged into the site to check my mail, everything was ok. Site gives no way to contact them aside from a bogus RMA address. 1 weeks later no communications I lookup their WHOIS info and there's an e-mail address. I sent mail asking about my cards, telling them that it was a hassle to have to resort to WHOIS to get their e-mail. The next day the WHOIS info is all blocked.

After I ordered my cards the price jumped up on their listing and their "in stock" numbers doubled.

Credit card doesn't get charged so their just sitting on the number waiting to use it later.

I send another e-mail and suddenly the password on my account no longer works, and when I try to reset it the page breaks. It does recognize the mail, but can't reset the password. I register a new account and sent them some internal system messages and there's no reply. After I registerd the new account and complained the price jumped again.

This is a scam site based in Russia, they don't actually have the products they're listing, they list high end stuff at great prices next to coomon everyday items to make the site look legit, get your CC number and then wait for you to give up or cancel your order then sell off your number (probably to Russian hacker/black market.

Unless you feel like cancelling your credit cards and going through ID theft issues, STAY AWAY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oakale/internet/Oakalecom-Bait-and-switch-false-advertising-credit-card-theft-phishing-no-communicai-1048979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oakale