Complaint Review: Oakwood Homes Aka Clayton Homes - David Booth

• Submitted: Sat, January 21, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 21, 2006

• Reported By:Warrensville North Carolina
Oakwood Homes Aka Clayton Homes - David Booth
Clayton Road Maryville, , Tennessee U.S.A.

Oakwood Homes - Clayton Homes - David Booth Clayton Homes Lies, Fraud & Abuse Cheats consumers, giving consumers poorly built houses. The Homes They Build Sucks! Tennessee

Clayton Homes Inc. aka as Oakwood Homes - Lies & Cheats consumers, giving consumers poorly built houses. The Homes They Build Sucks!

Like many others on this site, I have purchased an oakwood home and like them, I am disgusted about the entire process. From start to finish. Lies, Lies and more lies. First, I was lied on the time of completion. Then Lied about this and that. The quality of the house is terrible.

The inside of the home was certainly nasty!!! Finally, I was lied about the interest rate and payments. The papers I signed are different the my actual payment. The amount that was reported to the credit agency about the amounts of payments was also different. Otherwords, I have 3 seperate things which state different payments.

I have spoken to one federal organization that has made it clear that Oakwood was obligated to give me a copy of the contract the day that I signed it, however, I was never given the contract for several weeks. This was wrong and I intend on setting the record straight even if it means posting signage along interstate 40 east/421 east for over 400 miles. I have a sign shop and am in the process of producing the signs.

I spoke with David Booth - President of CMH inc. regarding what I have been through but as most people who deal with Oakwood homes knows. Oakwood is hell bent on lies which leaves me little choice but to make DA* sure that no one ever has to go through this again. I will do everything in my power to bring National Attention to their modus operandi.

Any one working for the company can reply as many times as they like but I have pictures with 2 inch gaps in wall's! - I have pictures of cracks in foundation that Oakwood Supplied.. I have pictures of cracks in wall's, ceilings and tons more! - But make no mistake. I can produce rather large web sites and I can assure oakwood that this will be a site that will warn and drive consumers away... not just today but for many.. Many MANY years to come.

I welcome any news organization to contact me by first contacting this website.. I feel confident that the pictures would make an excellent story for any reporter looking to do a story on Oakwood / Clayton homes.

Warrensville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2006 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oakwood-Homes-Aka-Clayton-Homes-David-Booth/Tennessee-37804/Oakwood-Homes-Clayton-Homes-David-Booth-Clayton-Homes-Lies-Fraud-Abuse-Cheats-consu-172706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oakwood Homes Aka Clayton Homes - David Booth