Complaint Review: Oakwood Homes

• Submitted: Wed, May 30, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 30, 2007

• Reported By:Fairmont West Virginia
Oakwood Homes
Buckhannon, West Virginia U.S.A.

Oakwood Homes Ruined my lifelong dreams Buckhannon West Virginia

When I was a little girl, a family member bought a new home. I thought it was so "cool" that no one else had ever walked on the carpet, slept in the bedrooms or had a family dinner in the dining room. I promised my self that some day I would have a brand new home.

I bought my new double wide from Oakwood Homes in 2004. It has been a nightmare instead of my dream come true. It started as soon as the house was delivered (after waiting 3 months longer than promised).

To make a long story short, my carpet fell apart, skylights leaked, toilet wouldn't flush, cabinets hung crooked, and many other things. Everytime we get alot of wind, my hot water tank pilot goes out and now the motor in my furnace/AC is going bad. I argued with them for awhile and got a few small things fixed but after awhile it is easier to just take care of it myself.

Fairmont, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2007 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oakwood-Homes/Buckhannon-West-Virginia/Oakwood-Homes-Ruined-my-lifelong-dreams-Buckhannon-West-Virginia-251221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oakwood Homes