Complaint Review: Oakwood Homes

• Submitted: Thu, May 24, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 24, 2007

• Reported By:Rougemont North Carolina
Oakwood Homes
Durham Highway Roxboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

Oakwood Homes ripoff fraudulent billing dishonest not doing what was promised Covering up defects and damage Roxboro North Carolina

Ordered a modular home 3/06. Have had complication one after another. Damage from leaks and sitting on lot for 9 months. I have been through 4 managers in the last 16 months trying to get into our new home. At 3 weeks before closing the last manager is fired and the corporate manager comes in and says I owe an additional 28,000 dollars for items he said I added after the contract was signed. But he is using a contract that was for another state that fell through. Chris Shifflet is the name of the manager. I had three managers doing what was promised and was priced to be done on my house. But he is trying to make up for money that was lost in the inadequite people he had working for him. I am not going to pay more money on a house for work that was already figured in. My home is 325,000.

Pleas give me some where to go with this. I have so much time and money invested to give up on my dream now.

Rougemont, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2007 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oakwood-Homes/Roxboro-North-Carolina-27573/Oakwood-Homes-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-dishonest-not-doing-what-was-promised-Covering-up-250250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oakwood Homes