Complaint Review: Oasis Inn Lincoln Nebraska

• Phone: 402.465.3171
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Oasis Inn Lincoln Nebraska Shady Business Practice Lincoln Nebraska

I was hired by a represenative of the company to do some work to help them with marketing and advertising.  This hotel was under new ownership and it seemed like a good opportunity to earn some extra business and help out a company trying to start fresh.  My proposal was approved by management so I began work.

After getting started and beginning the foundation of the website I was building for the Oasis Inn, I decided to check in with them to see if they had any suggestions for the content we would build into the site.  I was told that the guy I had been working with no longer worked there anymore and that I should leave a message for the owner, Al, and that he would return my call.  I did not recieve any phone calls back.

I continued to work out of good faith and this was a mistake.  After several attempts to contact someone at Oasis to finish the project I was given the run around several times and finally had to drive to the business to talk with someone face to face.  The office manager Liz had told me to give them a proposal of the work I completed and that she would pay me for the time I had worked.  My original proposal was for $250 to start and $250 per month to do continuous marketing for them.  I was told by Liz that I would be paid for my time and they would not move forward with business marketing because at this time the hotel is not ready for customers ( but they were open and taking customers ).  I was told their was many things wrong with the rooms, A/C, swimming pool, hot tub, even a bug problem, by several people I spoke to that worked there.

I gave them a final estimate of my work for only $75 covering the 3 hours of work that I had put into the project which for someone who owns a hotel should not be an issue to pay and should not be something they should feel they have to weasel out of paying.  I was told today that they would not be paying me, and that I should send my bill to the former employee that they had in charge of their marketing.  I will personally never use this place for business and would suggest anyone else that finds them on internet and needs a place to stay continue driving down interstate 80 and to find another hotel.  Anyone considering doing business with them should be paid upfront before starting any work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 05:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oasis-Inn-Lincoln-Nebraska/Lincoln-Nebraska-68504/Oasis-Inn-Lincoln-Nebraska-Shady-Business-Practice-Lincoln-Nebraska-1055868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oasis Inn Lincoln Nebraska