Complaint Review: Oasis Moving, Andrea Orellana

• Submitted: Sat, July 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 12, 2008

• Reported By:Lynnwood Washington
Oasis Moving, Andrea Orellana
3110 Polaris Avenue, Suites 20, 21, Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Oasis Moving, Andrea Orellana OASIS MOVING HAS NO IDEA HOW TO OPERATE A BUSINESS AND LACKS CUSTOMER SERVICE PERIOD Las Vegas, Nevada

Incident = I booked a move with Oasis moving from Gilbert, AZ to Lynnwood, WA. after the estimates were made and I had compared a few other movers, Oasis Moving had the right price ($1800+). this would cover my move and 1 month of storage. When the movers got to my place in AZ, they said that a lot of what I packed needed to be packed more to ensure a secure transport.

when they were done and nearly $1k in packing supplies later, we went over the contracts. The head mover asked me, \"when is the earliest you will be able to pick up?\" I said I worked out with my sales rep that we would do the 1 month of free storage. He said that he didn\'t know anything about the 1 mth storage and we would need to fill in the date. The mover was very insistint of me writing down a date, which I did.

I had no idea, at the time, that would cost me an additional $300-$500. I heard nothing from the company, especially after emailing several times asking when my 1mth storage was up. I only heard from them when another driver/mover was 40 mins from my new residence. I told him I was not ready for delivery and did not have the money. I, immediately, called me sales rep and she confirmed that I did have the mth of storage and did not know why they were there so early.

To my knowledge, from that point, our stuff went back into storage, here in WA. Once I had all the money, I called Andrea and she tried to get a drop off date booked, she advised me at that tim, that there would be a redelivery fee. Both my husband and I both contested this fee and decided that we would get a truck and pick up our things ourselves.

Andrea checked with the dispatch unit and said that she would give us the address uf we first mailed a postal money order to their office in NV. I told her that we would only give the money once we see our belongings, she said mailing the money order IS \"our only option.\" We then offered to pay by credit card over the phone and Oasis Moving will not accept.

I feel like they are trying to \'punish\' us for not wanting to pay the redelivery fee.

Damage Resulting = Since we arrived back in WA, my husband and 2 sons- 18mths and 3 yrs have been sleeping in our bare apt, on the floor. We have been using paper plates and cups. I do not blame Oasis Moving for that but I just find it absurd that now that we have the money, we need to wait even longer for our things because they need a postal money ordered mailed to them and CANNOT send someone to meet us- that would be a fair business deal since they will not be the ones moving our things AND we are paying the FULL balance, which included labor.

Janinev
Lynnwood, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2008 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oasis-Moving-Andrea-Orellana/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/Oasis-Moving-Andrea-Orellana-OASIS-MOVING-HAS-NO-IDEA-HOW-TO-OPERATE-A-BUSINESS-AND-LACKS-350474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oasis Moving, Andrea Orellana