Complaint Review: Oasis Moving and Storage

• Submitted: Sun, September 18, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, September 18, 2011

• Reported By: Grofica — Henderson Nevada U.S.A.
Oasis Moving and Storage
911 N. Buffalo Dr., Suite 109 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Oasis Moving and Storage BEWARE if you value your belongings Las Vegas, Nevada

In March of 2011, I went back to Iraq. My husband and I were afraid to leave the house unattended so we decided to put our belongings in storage. (he was already in Iraq)
On 18 March 2011 3 movers came to the house to pack it up and place it into storage. I ended up using Oasis storage and have since paid $250 monthly.
I made arrangements to have the items delivered back to my home on 11 September 2011 as I return home on the 21st from Iraq.
Upon arrival the team leader of the crew refused to deliver the items without the form being signed prior to seeing the items, even though I had already paid for delivery.
Long story short my belongings are in shambles and I return home in just a few days. After over 7 years total in Iraq I get to come home and dig through what used to be my life. Instead of coming back and returning to my home, I come home to sleep on the floor of a house that once was a home. [continued below]....
On the plus side, if I jump through a bunch of hoops and my claim is approved Oasis will repay me 30 cents per pound for just the damaged items the stolen items are a total loss even though they were in their care at all times since leaving my property.
My first day back from Iraq and I will spend it in the police department making a police report for all the stolen items.

• Nikon digital camera with lenses

• Xbox 360 4GB Console w/Kinect

• FNX-9 9mm handgun black and silver with 4" barrel. Its an ambidextrous pistol with ammo and interchangeable hand guards

• My husband's cell phone... a Verizon Samsung Fascinate with black plastic cover

• My custom ring that my husband gave me for our first anniversary.

• Entertainment Center

• Dining Table

• 50 plasma TV

• Shoe shelves for the foyer

• Tall Glass Set

• Short Glass Set

• My sofa set is now blue from the blankets they wrapped them in. and there is a cut on the large sofa

• Coffee table

• Wedding Dress damaged (it was in preservation box. box was heavily damaged and dress is now damaged

• Book Shelf

• Floor fan is broken

• All glass in almost every picture frame is broken

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2011 03:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oasis-Moving-and-Storage/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89128/Oasis-Moving-and-Storage-BEWARE-if-you-value-your-belongings-Las-Vegas-Nevada-778130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oasis Moving and Storage