Complaint Review: Oasis

• Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: Laura — London Ontario Canada
Oasis
148 bank St Burlington, Vermont United States of America

Oasis Brian Green, Lisa (head of the fiance department) Mark in Accounts. SCAM!!! Do not send money!! Sounds good but they will take your money, and then when you call back they will either hang up on you or be very rude and disrespectful. Empty Promises! Burlington, Vermont

After filling out an online form for a loan, I was contacted by Brian Green who informed me that I was approved for an $8000 secured loan, at 7% interest rate for a 5 year term with monthly payments of $191.57.  In order to secure the loan I would need to do one of the following 4 things: 1. Provide collateral (house or car paid in full) and worth more than the amount of the loan. 2. Have a co-signer with the same option 1 collateral or 3. Purchase Credit/Liability Insurance that would cover me as well as the company in case of job loss. This premimum would then be refunded to me after 6 consecutive payments or 4. Make a payment equal to the amount of 4 monthly payments in advance.  After sending them funds for option 3, I was contacted by Lisa (head of Finance) who informed me that Brian Green was wrong and he quoted me incorrectly and I would need to send more money in order to secure my loan, but once this was done I would have my loan in an hour directly into my bank account.  After sending the fees through Western Union, I was unable to reach an agent for the remainder of the day.

The following day I spoke with Mark (in the accounts dept) who told me that I was being refunded as the insurance company felt that I was high risk, or I could send more funds.  At this point, I told them to foget it, I would just take the refund, and asked for the fund to be directly deposited to my account.  I was informed that this could not happen it had to be processed and it could take 2-4 weeks for it to come in the mail.

I have since contacted the company numerous times, I spoke with a representative by the name of Alex Turner who claimed to be an executive manager within the company, who informed me that all the staff in the accounts department had been fired and the "insurance company" in Canada was being investigated as the agents there were taking the security funds and using it for their own personal gains.  Each time I call now to check on the status of my promised refund I am either hung up on or the agent is rude, going so far as to tell me that I am delusional and they request a fee to process the refund.

At the current moment I have called this company each day for the last 2 and a half weeks, and I feel no further to any resolution, although they have offered to provide me with a loan of $10,000 if I only send another small fee, and they will wait on the phone with me while the deposit happens.  I have also filed a complaint with the BBB regarding this matter.

This company is such a scam.  They provided people like me who have poor credit and are trying to rebuild hope, and then they rip them off.  Stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oasis/Burlington-Vermont-05403/Oasis-Brian-Green-Lisa-head-of-the-fiance-department-Mark-in-Accounts-SCAM-Do-not-972292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oasis