Complaint Review: Occidental Allegro Vacation Club

• Submitted: Sat, April 20, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: Lady Tee — District of Columbia
Occidental Allegro Vacation Club
Playacar, Playa del carmen Mexico playa del carmen, Select State/Province Mexico

Occidental Allegro Vacation Club BEWARE OF THEIR SCAM AND LIES! THEY LIE LIE LIE playa del carmen Mexico

*General Comment: Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

*General Comment: Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

We went to learn about the Occidental Vacation Club in Playa del Carmen while vacationing in Cozumel.  They were so nice to us! Bob Behrens was our sales manager and Hike Scarborough was the sales person. They showed us a gorgeous oceanside hotel room with a jacuzzi tub and fed us. I had no idea that everything they told us was lies. We decided to join the club because they showed us a book with all the leading hotels in the world and told us that we could use our vacation week to stay at any of the hotels in that book. First lie.  Since I was planning on traveling to Asia a couple of months later I figured I could use my club week to book at one of the many leading hotels of the world in Asia. I wasn't

He also told us if we signed up he would get us out of our current vacation club contract with a different company. second lie.

The third lie I am the most furious about is that when we finally resolved that we had been ripped off and that we might as well make the most of it and we booked a room with the resort, the room that we had was so unattractive--no view, no bathtub. It turns out that they show you one room but put the name of a different subpar room in your contract. Unless you know to specifically ask about the names of the different types of rooms then you will have no idea. By the time you figure out they have pulled a switch-a-roo you have no recourse.

This is such an unethical way of running a business. I would encourage everyone to stay far far away from this company.

As an afternote, Bob no longer works with the company.  I have complained several times to many employees about my experience. They are all very empathetic but they never do anything about it. Nada.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2013 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Occidental-Allegro-Vacation-Club/playa-del-carmen-Select-StateProvince-/Occidental-Allegro-Vacation-Club-BEWARE-OF-THEIR-SCAM-AND-LIES-THEY-LIE-LIE-LIE-playa-de-1044795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Occidental Allegro Vacation Club

#1 General Comment

Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: collins80j - ()

Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, timeshare scams are very common in Mexico, especially in destinations like Playa del Carmen. At Royal Elite timeshare resorts happens exactly the same. This resort is taking advantage of people, often those who are more vulnerable and less able to resist hard sales tactics, i would suggest you to stay away from it. This is a forum from Mexican Timeshare Solutions with more complaints made to Royal Elite:

Royal Elite Timeshare Complaints

#2 General Comment

Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: collins80j - ()

Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately, timeshare scams are very common in Mexico, especially in destinations like Playa del Carmen. At Royal Elite timeshare resorts happens exactly the same. This resort is taking advantage of people, often those who are more vulnerable and less able to resist hard sales tactics, i would suggest you to stay away from it.