Complaint Review: Ocean Spray Cranberries

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: Brad L — Miami-Dade Florida
Ocean Spray Cranberries
1 Ocean Spray Dr Lakeville-Middleboro, Massachusetts USA

Ocean Spray Cranberries Ocean Spray, Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. Cran-Pomegranate juice - beet sugar, "natural flavors", "blend", and water....Mmmmmm! Lakeville-Middleboro Massachusetts

My name is Brad from Miami-Dade, FL, and I feel like I've been duped.  For nearly 30 years I've been a loyal buyer of Ocean Spray juices.  I recently read another Ripoff Report from a lady in California that discussed the misinformation and marketing manipulation Ocean Spray uses on their Nutrional Facts and Ingredient label.  Her complaint was about Cran-Pomegranate, and her outrage surrounding the vague and manipulative language on the nutrition facts/ingredients lable.  Her story inspired me to open my fridge and take a look at my Ocean Spray juices for myself.  What I discovered startled me.

The "healthy", "nutritious", "all natural", "fruit-filled", juice that Ocean Spray so convincingly touts is basically water, with VERY little actual fruit, TON of sugar, beet sugar (never heard of it), "natural flavors" (whatever that is), a bunch of juices that aren't the juice advertised on the front lable, "blend" (whatever that is), a bunch of acids - Fumaric, Malic, Ascorbic, and Sodium citrate.  Mmmm.... I would venture to guess Ocean Spray spends more on the plastic bottle, label, salary for the marketing manipulation, false advertising and misleading tv commercials than they do on the sugar water they fill the bottles with.  I'll be spending my hard earned money on another beverage.  Highly dissappointed in you, Ocean Spray.  Save your $5 and buy the small pack of Kool-Aid for .50 cents.  Virtually the same ingredients, and Kool-Aid doesn't false advertise and tell their consumers their product is 100% juice.

Point is, there’s really nothing positive or healthy in the Cran-Pomegranate juice drink the lady from California speaks of, or in any of Ocean Spray juices.  Even their diet juices are filled with dangerous sugar substitutes that once consumed break down into harmful chemicals that can harm your digestive system.  I remember a number of years ago, they made this one product I liked that had a serving of vegetables in it.  Not like V8, but more of a juice flavor with vegetable nutrients mixed in.  But they discontinued that product.  No idea why.  Not sure exactly when Ocean Spray lost their way, but seems like textbook example of a once great Company who gave up on their heritage and sold out to cost cutting and maximizing profits.  And the result is lower quality products, at higher prices.  What a way to say thanks to customers like myself who have bought your juice for three decades.  No more.  Sorry Ocean Spray, but our relationship ends now.

Caution consumers: despite what the packaging and marketing might have you believe, Ocean Spray juices are just bottles of sugar water, with a touch of "juice", that APPEAR to be healthy but definitely aren't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocean-Spray-Cranberries/Lakeville-Middleboro-Massachusetts-02349/Ocean-Spray-Cranberries-Ocean-Spray-Ocean-Spray-Cranberries-Inc-Cran-Pomegranate-juice-1083147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocean Spray Cranberries