Complaint Review: Oceanside World Travel

• Updated: Mon, August 05, 2013

• Reported By: Honesty and Fairplay — Somewhere California
Oceanside World Travel
125 S. Tremont Oceanside, California USA

Oceanside World Travel Misrepresentation of offers, slimey sales tactics, lying about conversations, Oceanside California

*Author of original report: Update to Oceanside World Travel

In my opinion Oceanside World Travel is a complete rip off.  They are a franchise of Gold Crown Resorts.(check out their rip off reports)They sell overpriced travel memberships, 5-10 thousand dollars, to supposedly give you great deals on travel. I had no intention of buying their service. They solicited me through another bogus promotional company, to hear a 90 minute travel presentation.

They offered roundtrip airfare to any international destination in the continental Unite States for two, 2 nights, 3 day accomidations and a $100 dining card. They do say some restrictions apply. After listening to their presentation I was not persuaded to give then any money. That is when the used car sales tactics started. "This offer is only good today, by law we can only offer it today etc." When the salesman coud see that we were not going to buy in to their scam they quickly rushed us out.

They gave us a pamphlet that describes are supposed complimentary incentives. To be able to obtain the approprioate certificates we need to send $4.95 in certified check or money order by certified mail within 30 days. Failfure to follow any rule would nullify our qualifications. Then a $50 per person reservation fee is also required in ceriifed check sent by certified mail. then another $59 per person fee is needed to make a reservation, and of course sent by certified check and mail.

This totals, $223 plus certified check and mailing fees to receive a complimentary gift. On top of that, the any international airports is also not really true either. A vey limited number of cities are available, but of course for additional fees other detinations might be available. To top off the rip off, they then say that if the cities you slect are full they will select an altenate destimnation for you. Are you kidding? Will they tell me I can vacation in Topeaka or Omaha?  By the way the $100 dining card is a discount card you could pick up anywhere, 2 for 1 offers etc.

Are you kidding me. When I complained to them afterwards they said this was all explained to us ahead of time. Really? What idiot would partake in this scheme if it was explained like this ahead of time. They also said I was the firsr person to complain since they have been offering this. Somehow I do not belive that.

If you check out their website www.oceansideworldtravel.com you will see bogus tetimonials. There are 13 glowing testimonials for a company that has been open for only 2 months. It claims these 13 people have already joined and gone on their vacations and wrote back how great the company is. I do not think that is possible in two months of operations. The office is extremely travel decor tacky and looks like it was put togethr in one night and could just as easily be gone in one night with all your money with it.

An article in the LA Times date July 2, 2013 describes the this scam  is being offered by various companies throuout the country using identical tactics. Do not be taken in. And whatever you do, do not buy the travel membership. Read the Rip off Report for their supposed franchise parent company Gold Crown Resorts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oceanside-World-Travel/Oceanside-California-92054/Oceanside-World-Travel-Misrepresentation-of-offers-slimey-sales-tactics-lying-about-con-1073268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oceanside World Travel

Update to Oceanside World Travel

AUTHOR: fairplay - ()

I had written a complaint to the State Attorney Generals Office, and just received a reply that after multiple times trying to contact this company for a response, they did not respond. This shows you what kind of company you are dealing with.  I recommend you avoid them at all costs. To add some humor to this, the company contacted me by email and wanted me to join them on linkedin as their friend. Are you serious?