Complaint Review: Ocwen Federal Bank - Ocwen Loan Servicing

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:Webberville Michigan
Ocwen Federal Bank - Ocwen Loan Servicing
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Ocwen Loan Servicing -Ocwen Federal Bank Denied right to pay off mortgage in redemption period.... anyone else have this problem? Ft. Lauderdale Florida

My mortgage servicer is Ocwen Loan Servicing. Like others here, my loan is in redemption period and has just ended. Unlike others, I have had the funds for 3 months to pay off Ocwen/ HSBC NA and have been refused payoff letter and payoff amount. Numerous calls to the companies attorney and to Ocwen have come up empty handed. I am looking for individuals in Michigan that are having the same problem. I am fighting this in court as they are now trying to evict us from the home. We are responding with the grounds that we have been trying to payoff the loan thru the redemption period and Ocwen has refused to give us the requested payoff information. Actually Ocwen stated that the house was a REO when we were still in redemption period and told us that we should not even be in the home.

We even had a real estate agent tell us that Ocwen states the home was a REO and he tried to get it straight with them and ended up telling us to move out for 2 weeks and then buy the house back at a discount.

If anyone is having the same problems, please contact me.

Martha
Webberville, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Federal-Bank-Ocwen-Loan-Servicing/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing-Ocwen-Federal-Bank-Denied-right-to-pay-off-mortgage-in-redemption-pe-427484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Federal Bank - Ocwen Loan Servicing