Complaint Review: Ocwen Financial Corp

• Submitted: Sat, July 16, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, July 16, 2011

• Reported By: Tricia — Richardson Texas United States of America
Ocwen Financial Corp
1661 Worthington Road, Suite 100 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Ocwen Financial Corp William C. Erbey Mortgage Company West Palm Beach, Florida

Ocwen Loan Servicing purchased our home loan when our mortgage company went out of business in August 2009. We have had nothing but problems with them. Most recently they have force-placed flood insurance on our property at the cost of more than $325 per month!!

I have filed the necessary paperwork with FEMA to obtain a Letter of Map Amendment. I have been told repeatedly that I have until November 30, 2011 to resolve the issue. This process can take up to two months once the information is received by FEMA. I should have my file completed by August 1st, but Ocwen now says they are going to foreclose on August 2nd. I've asked for more time, but have not received a reply.

I have filed complaints with my state's Attorney General's Office, The Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau (both in my state and in Florida) and Freddie Mac. I encourage everyone who deals with Ocwen to do the same. Freddie Mac is the government agency that oversees Ocwen. Perhaps if they receive enough complaints, they will not renew Ocwen's contract.

Additionally, Ocwen has charged outrageous late fees, inspection fees an miscellaneous fees. They also return my payments because I am not paying the insurance premiums. Everyone that has problems with Ocwen, please speak up!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2011 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Financial-Corp/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33490/Ocwen-Financial-Corp-William-C-Erbey-Mortgage-Company-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-753834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Financial Corp