Complaint Review: Ocwen Financial Corp/Ocwen Federal Bank

• Submitted: Tue, January 08, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2002

• Reported By:La Grande OR
Ocwen Financial Corp/Ocwen Federal Bank
1665 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd #407 West Palm Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Ocwen Financial Co WORST Customer Service *REBUTTAL

*0: By my calculation the day of your complaint was only 6 business days

We have been trying since 12/27/01 to get a payoff amount on our mortgage from Ocwen. We were told that they would have to look at actual signed loan paper before they could get that amount. That's fine. However, EVERYDAY when I call to get that amount, they say the have to "find the documents."

When I asked for the number to the building that contains the documents so I could call them myself, I was told, "they don't have phones there." The title company we are using has told us they have never seen such an inept group of people working with mortgages. I call everyday and ask to speak to a supervisor and once I actually get a person, I am told they will "email the other building and find out what the problem is."

I have been promised that someone would call me back with the answer. Everyday they promise to call me back. I have yet to have anyone call me or answer my email. I have filed complaints the the Florida Banking Commission, the Florida Atty General and the West Palm Beach branch of the BBB. I cannot believe the lack of quality and service from them.

By the way, we still don't have the payoff information. When I review some of the rebuttals from staff members at Ocwen at this web site, I am amazed at the lack of basic skills they show. Half of the responses are not even spelled correctly! No wonder they can't locate a phone in their own office.

Cathy
LaGrande, OR

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Financial-CorpOcwen-Federal-Bank/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33401/Ocwen-Financial-Co-WORST-Customer-Service-REBUTTAL-10993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Financial Corp/Ocwen Federal Bank

#1 0

By my calculation the day of your complaint was only 6 business days

AUTHOR: - ()

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: Munkenstein5150@aol.com

Their relationship to the company: Supporter

Rebuttal:
A payoff figure takes 7-10 business days. The day of the request in not included. By my calculation the day of your complaint was only 6 business days. Per Federal guidelines it can legally take up to 30 days for the quote. The fact that you continually call leads me to believe that someone has dropped the ball and is in a big rush to get something done. 9 times out of 10 its the broker. How long has that person known you
would need a payoff? Why don't they know the law and order it in a timely manner? Why are they making you do all the work when they are getting a large commission?