Complaint Review: Ocwen Loan Services

• Submitted: Sat, March 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 14, 2009

• Reported By:Monmouth County New Jersey
Ocwen Loan Services
www.ocwen.com Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Ocwen Loan Services Raised Interest Rate - Can never talk to anyone Orlando Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: They can't do that!

After looking into refinancing and not wanting to incur closing costs etc I had decided to stay with Ocwen for the time being. I too have not been able to get help when I need it and when I do get someone on the phone it routes to India.

In looking at my current monthly statement my interest rate has gone from 7.49 to 7.74 with no notice. I signed a fixed rate loan with Fidelity who has since gone bankrupt.

I am scared reading these reports and it's even worse when there is no place to turn for help or advice. I am going to try to get Ocwen to lower my intrest rate to what I qualified for with another company - but after reading what everyone is going through I don't have high hopes.

I think Ocwen is a terrible company - they seem sneaky and don't offer helpful alternatives for people who need them.

Sherry
Monmouth County, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2009 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Loan-Services/Orlando-Florida-32878/Ocwen-Loan-Services-Raised-Interest-Rate-Can-never-talk-to-anyone-Orlando-Florida-434228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Loan Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

They can't do that!

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

My name is Debbie. I live in Longwood Florida. I am a licensed mortgage broker. Your lender CAN'T change your interest rate if you have a fixed rate. Do you know where you original note from the lender is? You can have a forensic audit done on your loan. You would have to hire an attorney to do that though. Please email me @ dryan2@cfl.rr.com, and maybe if you can explain more of your situation to me, I can find someone to help you. Your lender (even if someone else has taken over the servicing of your loan) cannot change the terms of the original note!!!!