thousands

• Updated: Tue, July 31, 2012

• Reported By: elliott — los angeles California United States of America
Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC
PO Box 6440 Carol Stream, Illinois United States of America

Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC late charges even though payments are made on time..... Carol Stream, Illinois

I pay Ocwen about $6.50 more each month than I owe on my mortgage.  I pay them every two weeks, as I arranged with their customer service department.  The payments are made on the 15th and 30th of each month using my online banking recurring payment option.

The payments are late if they arrive after the 16th of the following month.  So, to prevent this from happening inadvertantly, I made 3 payments one month so that there would be no misunderstanding, and that the payments were being made early. (I have done this twice, over the years).   However, Ocwen puts this additional payment in a suspense account and charges me a late fee saying that the first payment was made on the 30th and the second on the 16th, making it late.

I have spoken with customer service until I'm blue in the face and yet they continue to levy late charges.  I decided to make an additional payment again about 3 months ago, just to see it this would eliminate the late charges.  Once again I arranged this with customer service who assured me that this would eliminate the problem.  It didn't.  I will now report this to every government agency that regulates banks,  lenders, and loan servicers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 02:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing-LLC/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197-6440/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing-LLC-late-charges-even-though-payments-are-made-on-time-Carol-St-920087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC