Complaint Review: Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC

• Submitted: Thu, June 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, June 15, 2012

• Reported By: Pat — Pembroke Pines Florida United States of America
Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC
1661 Worthington Road, Ste 100 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC Ocwen Mortgage Ocwen's misuse of Escrow Funds is appalling!! They used Escrow funds from my primary residence account to pay past due association dues on a condominium that I no longer own. Also, they have attemtp West Palm Beach, Florida

*General Comment: I think I know the problem!!!

Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC seriously needs to be investigated for misuse of Escrow funds.  They used my Escrow funds for my primary residence to pay an association related to a previously owned property (cond).  The funds in this Escrow account were collected to pay my property tax and hazard and flood insurance premiums for the year.  Now the Escrow has a negative balance and they want to raise my monthly mortgage payments by over $1,100!!! to cover the "shortage" created by their error/misuse of my account.  I sent my regular payment without the increased amount because it is unjustified and they have stated that I am delinquent and they are charging me $55 each month for late charges.  They need to be investigated thoroughly!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing-LLC/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33409/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing-LLC-Ocwen-Mortgage-Ocwens-misuse-of-Escrow-Funds-is-appalling-Th-897524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC

#1 General Comment

I think I know the problem!!!

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

You either sold the Condo, or the bank repo'd it,  but these are   probably the unpaid condo maitenance fees from the year before when you still  had possession of  the condo.  The same thing will happen with any unpaid taxes on the condo from last year as well.

I take it, your home, and the Condo were both financed by Ocwen Loan Servicing. They have the right of offset when you owe past due amounts such as this. The fees, and taxes that accrued before the condo was disposed of are your responsibility. Can  you respond back to tell us the amount of money they took from your escrow for the condo fees?