Complaint Review: Ocwen Loan Servicing

Ocwen Loan Servicing
1661 Worthington Rd STE 100 West Palm beach, Florida United States of America

Ocwen Loan Servicing ruining my credit West Palm beach , Florida

*Consumer Comment: Exact same issue

*Author of original report: the house

*Consumer Comment: Stand corrected

*Consumer Comment: As Steve said

*Consumer Comment: Well, yes and no....

*Author of original report: Ocwen

*Consumer Comment: Mortgages are never discharged

Ocwen is ruining my credit. I filled bankruptcy in 2010 that was discharged. Litton loan was the mortage servicer at the time.  Well lets fast forward to 2012 I pull a copy of my credit and low and behold there is Ocwen listed on 2 of the credit reports now mind you they were never involved they bought a loan from Litton that was discharged they called me daily demanding that i give them my SS# and I owe them a debt. NOT!

That loan was discharged in my bankruptcy they refuse to remove it from my credit report refuse to rtalk with my attorney. Someone help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing/West-Palm-beach-Florida-33409/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing-ruining-my-credit-West-Palm-beach-Florida-848813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Loan Servicing

Exact same issue

AUTHOR: cljnco - ()

I would like to know if you ever resolved this and how.

I have the exact same problem. 2 years ago file Chapter 7, gave up the house, Litton was the second and the loan was discharged. 4 months after that, litton sold all loans to Ocwen and my Discharged loan was among them. Now not only do I have 2 listings for the same loan on my Experian report, About a month ago Ocwen report a New False deragatory 3rd trade line and report payment history up through 2013. The worse thing is OCWEN has ignored, literally all 9 letters I have sent. They also wont talk to me when I call them. All I can get the rep to do is ask me how I would like to pay them. Experian is also completely passing off my disputes as frivolous and I can't contact them to get it taken care of.

the house

AUTHOR: lttlbit36 - (United States of America)

The house is sitting there boarded up empty. I have not lived there in over 2 years. I just wish I could be done with this.

Stand corrected

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

What I meant was that you can't just discharge a mortgage and keep the property securing it.

As the others asked, what became of the house? If Ocwen was awarded it in lieu of the mortgage obligation being discharged, they obviously ought not be able to dun you for anything more.

Being Ocwen I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to do so.

Please provide enough detail to know what's going on.

As Steve said

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

You can discharge your personal liability on the mortgage but that does not eliminate the lien. Read http://www.moranlaw.net/house_after_bankruptcy.htm to educate yourself a bit. Did you keep paying for your house?

Well, yes and no....

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

You can discharge the mortgage, but you can't keep the house. I guess there are some reasons why this is preferable to foreclosure, though I don't know the details.

So to the OP - did you indeed have to give up your house?

Ocwen

AUTHOR: lttlbit36 - (United States of America)

Please educate yourself you are allowed to discharge a home loan in bankruptcy. Ocwen is viscous and uncaring they refused to respond to the BBB, my bankruptcy attorney, complaints have been filed with the FTC and the attorney general at both the state and federal level. The next step is to file in federal court.

Mortgages are never discharged

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

What KIND of loan was, or is, this exactly? Mortgages are NEVER discharged in a bankruptcy, because they are SECURED loans, secured by your property.

Ocwen is now the owner of what used to be Litton, and they are a vile company according to what borrowers report here and elsewhere.

However, if this loan is indeed a mortgage loan, or a loan secured by any assets, you have a big problem. You still owe it, and the bill, and the dangers, get bigger every month you don't pay.