Complaint Review: Ocwen Loan Servicing

• Submitted: Sun, March 24, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, March 24, 2013

• Reported By: Avril — Whitehall New York
Ocwen Loan Servicing
12001 Science Drive, Ste. 110, Orlando, FL 32826 Internet United States of America

Ocwen Loan Servicing Lied, charged fees not required, scare tactics, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: yep

In Oct 2011 I knew we were heading for financial trouble, so I called them to let them know that we put the house on the market and that things didn't look good, that we were usingwhat little money we had to do some home repair to ready the house for sale, well in December things turned around, once we found out what the pay schedule was going to be at his new job in North Dakota, with this information in the beginning og January 2012 I called them to let them know that I would be making a substantial pymnt on or around Feb 14, 2012 (around $2500) and the guy I spoke to said that was fine and gave me the exact amount I had to pay.  When I asked for this amount in writing representative (male) I spoke to said that he couldn't but said he would note the account of our conversation and agreement, not having any choice I thought, I accepted this answer and thought thing were fine until I called around the 3rd of feb to make this payment as our tax refund came in earlier so I called Ocwen to make the agreed paymnt, mind you about 10 days earlier then the agreement,  when I confirmed the amount to be paid I was told that the amount was not enough and that they wanted almost 2 x 's the amount; of course I freaked, and after going around and around, being told that a mgr would call me w/i 1/2 hr, I waited, no call, then I called back and they told me that it could take up to I think it was 72 hrs, I don't remember, but anyway I never got a call, in the meantime I wanted told them I wanted this in writing the amount required from me under the presumption that I was going to pay the amount they wanted. "Well when they finally sent me the "reinstatement" letter it was about $600 less then what they were telling me over the phone, not only were they demanding that I pay the amount in arrears which included Feb they were also including all kinds of fees, and making me believe that I had to pay them along with the mortgage payments in order to stop forclosure proceeding.  The letter (which I still have) clearly states that payment of these fees are NOT required at this time.  They had me believing that I had to pay them to stop forclosure.

This issue was just recent in Jan 2013, I had another issue with their "system" taking out double payments on a pymnt I tried to make online, and of course I had to call, I got nowhere, and I found the phone number to the CEO in Florida, called them, and after a few days they finally got it straightened out.  I am finding I am not the only one having issue and this company needs to be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing/internet/Ocwen-Loan-Servicing-Lied-charged-fees-not-required-scare-tactics-Internet-1037670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen Loan Servicing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

yep

AUTHOR: mr default - ()

u got ripped off, thats what these guys do.

largest