Complaint Review: Ocwen, Ocwen Federal Bank

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 04, 2011

• Reported By:orlando Florida
Ocwen, Ocwen Federal Bank
ocwen.com Orlando, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Ocwen, Ocwen Federal Bank Blacklisting Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: Suggestions welcomed

*Author of original report: Been There Done That

*Consumer Comment: Justice.

While working for Ocwen as an asset manager liquidating foreclosures for the Department of Veterans Affairs I spoke out against wide spread corruption and mismanagement while under the management of Michael Moreland. I was told to mind my own business and a great deal of pressure was put on me to leave the company for speaking out. Eventually I could no longer take the harassment and ended up leaving Ocwen only to find that I had been blacklisted and could not get a job anywhere. Even employers who were extremely interested in my resume and experience at first suddenly did not return my calls after verifying my employment and checking my reference at Ocwen. Several of them played games with me telling me they would notify me when a decision was made then never return my phone calls.

Knowing what I know about corruption at Ocwen and their total disregard for the law I believe Ocwen has gone out of their way to blacklist and destroy the careers and lives of former employees that spoke out against abuses and corruption. I also blame The Department of Veterans Affairs and our Governments for allowing these criminal practices to affect the lives of honest hardworking employees and their families. Employees that were willing to stand up for the American people and stand against the corruption. After Ocwen lost the Department of Veterans Affairs contract, many of the same employees that were guilty of abusing the system and committing crimes were able to get good references and new REO positions with many of the major banks and reo companies while the rest of us remain blacklisted. Since this has been allowed to continue and the good reputations of honest hardworking employees have been ruined I think it time someone be held accountable. Not only at Ocwen but also at the Government level.

This blacklisting has gone on too long and has hurt too many innocent people for it to continue. We should call for the resignation of Michael Moreland and whomever was in charge of overseeing this program whether it be at the state or federal level or both. Those who committed the crimes should be exposed and punished and those who have been blacklisted and retaliated against deserve this justice.

Former Ocwen Employee
orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen-Ocwen-Federal-Bank/Orlando-Florida/Ocwen-Ocwen-Federal-Bank-Blacklisting-Orlando-Florida-455735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen, Ocwen Federal Bank

Suggestions welcomed

AUTHOR: Pat austin - (U.S.A.)

Hi,
I too am a victim of Ocwen. Just this week, I wired them a very large sum to pay off my arrearage.
I am not behind on my payments, they are current, and I have been approved for a refinance. My credit is excellent.

My question is this.. How can I get ocwen to post my wire and how can I get them to give me or my new company the pay offf?

I do not escrow anything. Any suggestions to get out from under them? Will there be problems once the new company refinances me?

Many many years ago I joined a class action law suit, and never heard anything and would join another one.

Any suggestions about getting away from them from the former employee, insider information would be greatly appreciated.

Been There Done That

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

The unethical behavior and mismanagement have been reported and it is not our duty or job to prosecute those who are guilty. The problem is nothing has been done to protect those of us who spoke out and exposed what was going on. Is this the way our justice system treats those of us who speak out? At the very least we should be protected from harassment and retaliation by those responsible for enforcing the law. One could argue you are better off being a participant than doing the right thing and speaking out.

Justice.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

"Those who committed the crimes should be exposed and punished"

They should be. Are you waiting for someone else to do it? Why haven't you gone to the proper authorities and let them know about this corruption and criminal activity. I'm sure they'd love to hear the inside story.

It's not like you have anything to lose at this point (assuming the part about blacklisting is accurate).