• Report: #972013

• Submitted: Tue, November 20, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 20, 2012

• Reported By: Yamil — Homestead Florida United States of America
Ocwen

Ocwen Screwed up an existing loan modification to the point of foreclosure! Internet

On December 2011 Saxon Mortgage and my attorney went into court mandated mediation. An agreement was reached where I was to pay $1,000 in January with monthly payments of $770.89. I made the subsequent payments until April 2012.

On April 2012 my mortgage was transferred to Ocwen. When I called to make the monthly payment an Ocwen representative told me that their records showed that I was late and that my last payment was received in December 2011.

I explained the agreement to the representative who instructed me to call back the following week until all their records from
Saxon were updated in their system. As instructed I called the following week and was given the same answer and was also asked to fax in the agreement and proof that I made the payments as agreed. I proceeded to fax the court mediated
agreement and proof that I had made my payments as instructed.  I followed up the following week and was told that they had not received the paperwork to please submit it again. Again, I did as instructed.  The following week I followed up and was told that the documents were just received by the department that would make the correction in the system. A couple of more calls and no still no answer, no decision, nothing At one point I was told that someone would call me back but no one did.

A month later I was told by an Ocwen representative that Saxon denied entering in such agreement with my attorney and that now I was 6 months late and foreclosure proceedings had started against my property.

In a panic I paid my attorney $2,500 in order for him to sort this mess out. The money I paid was the money I have been saving to pay the mortgage since April but was not allowed to make by Ocwen. After I paid my attorney I realized that in fact there was no record of foreclosure proceedings being started against my property in the county and therefore I was lied to in
an effort to intimidate me into agreeing to pay money that was not rightfully due to Ocwen.

In July, (four months later) I received a letter from Ocwen indicating that everything had been resolved, the agreement did exist, and that now I needed to pay the back mortgage since April 2012. By the way, the letter was issued AFTER the payment due date written on the letter. I called Ocwen and spoke to yet another representative and explained that I spent their money on the attorney that helped me to make them see their mistake that I needed a payment plan.

After more months of back and forth, I was asked to apply for a new loan modification and praying that they will help me to keep my house and avoid foreclosure which was not caused by any fault of my own.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2012 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocwen/internet/Ocwen-Screwed-up-an-existing-loan-modification-to-the-point-of-foreclosure-Internet-972013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocwen