Complaint Review: Odenza Marketing Group

• Submitted: Wed, May 22, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: Kristina — Maryland
Odenza Marketing Group
4664 Lougheed Hwy #230 Burnaby, Burnaby, British Columbia , British Columbia Canada

Odenza Marketing Group Bait and switch racket Burnaby, British Columbia Canada

Beware ODENZA is a Bait and Switch Operation.

I would like to hear from anyone who is currently suing or interested in filing a class action lawsuit against ODENZA MARKETING GROUP in Canada.

I attended a marketing presentation in Maryland and received an Odenza voucher for a “free” roundtrip airfare and 4 night cruise for two people.  I followed the rules and registered my certificate and sent via money order the 500+ dollars to pay taxes on the vacation.

I was never contacted by a travel agent so several months after sending in my 500+ dollars I called and tried to book my cruise.  There was no availability for the “promotional 4 night cruise” during the several month span of time I was able to travel. However I could pay many hundreds of dollars more per person to “upgrade” so that I could travel during the several month span of time I provided the agent.  When I asked for an example of any travel dates utilizing the promotional value only so that I would not have to pay any additional money, I was given a flight itinerary that was horrendous.   Of course I could pay several hundreds of dollars more for a flight “upgrade”.

1. The promotional cruise was not FREE. We had to pay more than $500.00 in "taxes & fees"
  2. The promotional cruise rooms consist of "bunk beds" of course you can “upgrade” to a regular bed or a room with a window.
  3. The plan seems to be…. get the customer to commit by sending in taxes and fees and then provide no comfortable options so that customers are forced to upgrade and pay additional money in order to use their promotion voucher.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Odenza-Marketing-Group-/Burnaby-British-Columbia-British-Columbia/Odenza-Marketing-Group-Bait-and-switch-racket-Burnaby-British-Columbia-Canada-1052959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Odenza Marketing Group