Complaint Review: Odesk

• Reported By: Pissed Off — Orlando Florida United States of America
Odesk
901 Marshall Street Redwood City, California United States of America

Odesk No client protection from spammers Redwood City, California

I hired a contractor from odesk.com and quickly fired him once production results were received. The company supposedly provides a safe environment for website owners to with computer programmers. Supposedly client (me) personal information information is suppose to be private.

It isn't contractor (programmer) has been flooding my personal information with anywhere from 100 -200 + spam messages on a daily basis for over 3 months. They claimed that I must have given contractor my email address. I've changed my email address 3 times since then. I am pissed off with the canned response received time.

Dear X,
We apologize for the time it has taken to get back to you, but due to the severity of the issue as well as the security issues associated with it, we are forced to work our tickets and responses in a particular way. Please be assured that we are working as quickly as we can to solve this issue for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

---
Respectfully,
Michael
oDesk

Anybody that knows a client's username can set up a script and spam the hell out of someone. Odesk simply allows someone to generate multiple request so that a client's personal inbox is flooded. They don't have a solution. Their system to protect client's is outdated and very slow to update. They can't create a new identity for me and migrate my past contacts and contractors new a new id.

You can be screwed by contractors on odesk.If you don't want to be spammed by contractors on odesk stay away from them. I now have to copy and paste my history then convincing good contractors to migrate over to elance. I'll get that done well before odesk fixes their security holes. If contractors can game odesk how long before they start mining client's other details like credit card info on file!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 01:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Odesk/Redwood-City-California-94063/Odesk-No-client-protection-from-spammers-Redwood-City-California-936207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Odesk