Complaint Review: Odesk

• Submitted: Tue, May 11, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 11, 2010

• Reported By: Thomas — Tacoma Washington U.S.A.
Odesk
4200 Bohannon Dr Suite 100 menlo park, California United States of America

Odesk charged my credit card and received NO product, even after talking to "Customer" support menlo park, California

I placed a project for developers to bid on at Odesk. I selected the one that bid a flat rate and awarded the project. This was my first time using this website. Their website is very confusing and not user friendly.

I've been ripped of by MANY developers charging and not delivering. There was a mistake made on the award of the project and it was setup as a hourly billable account. How would I know that when I accepted a bid for a flat rate?

When Odesk tried to charge my card for the several thousand dollars BEFORE any work had been received by myself, I stopped the charge and notified Odesk that the developer understands and we both agreed he would be paid upon completion of the project ONLY.

Odesk was carefully informed of this, even though the aggressive Odesk person answering the phone continually talked over me and failed to listen to anything I was attempting to tell her regarding the account. [continued below]....
.....

Odesk ignored everything that was explained to them refusing to make what ever adjustment to the account was required to match what the developer and myself had agreed to.

Odesk charged my card anyway, I have NOTHING to show for the HUGE charge. They claim I can file a dispute. Should a bank file a dispute when it's robbed?

1. Rude, aggressive phone support at odesk. Doesnt listen, as if talking to an ATM machine expecting a dialog. They can only read from a script. No brains to comprehend or correct for a problem.

2. Carefully explained dialog which went completely un-addressed by Odesk outlining how the account needs to be handled.

3. They want their money and they took it. The hell with reason or customer service.

4. They are not honorable. They will not assist you in ANY fashion.

5. They will not attempt to correct or adjust anything, no matter how carefully you outline the problem. They dont care.

6. You might as well hire blindly and just send off your money, that is the equivalent that Odesk represents.

7. There are several reputable hire sites available out there, Odesk is NOT one.

8. Odesk claims they are looking into my dispute. They funds have already been released to the developer in China.

9. I have nothing to show for the thousands of dollars they have taken from my account.

10. In exchange for the money I have to opportunity to click on the Question Mark on their website to dispute what they already failed to acknowledge in a live phone call.

11. Odesk is a rip off. They WILL collect their money, you are left in the cold.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2010 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Odesk/menlo-park-California-94025/Odesk-charged-my-credit-card-and-received-NO-product-even-after-talking-to-Customer-su-602290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Odesk