Complaint Review: Office Depot

• Submitted: Fri, June 29, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 29, 2007

• Reported By:hagerstown Maryland
Office Depot
1520 Wesel Blvd Hagerstown, Maryland U.S.A.

Office Depot Ripoff on rebates dishonest lousy store manager Hagerstown Maryland

I bought two Dane-elec 1gb memory USB drives for about 49 dollars each, in their red tag special sales: it saids it will be $7 when rebated $42. Now the problem is I have spend about 100 for these two USB drive hoping I can get $42 back for each of the drives I bought.

I can't read their small prints on the receipt do to my vision so I told the store manager/casher to help me on how to get these rebates, after this guy (his name is Regis Busch) read the paper he told me that all I need to do is fill out my home address and my phone number and send it with my receipt to get this rebate. Needless to said I was happy.

3 month later, I call the rebate center about why I haven't get my rebate, they told me I don't have THE item bar code and they can't do anything unless I go to office depot to solve this problem. WTF???? I SEND THE RECEIPTS (the receipt has items code in it) and the rebate form AND THEY TOLD ME I DON'T HAVE SOME BAR CODE?? WHEN I go to the officeDepot place, they told me its not their fault for "rebate center" and Me not getting this right and when I complain I won't leave until this is clear because he told me it wasnt his fault for not able to send the code with the receipt, that Regis guy actually told me to "get the F**K out or I'll call the police" What kind of service is this? This is A TOTAL RIP OFF, THEY SCAM MY MONEY, PEOPLE DON'T BUY FROM OFFICE DEPOT!! They are total liars and theyre service is just crap, Ill never buy from them again and you bet my next business purchase wont be in that place!

hagerstown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2007 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Office-Depot/Hagerstown-Maryland-21740/Office-Depot-Ripoff-on-rebates-dishonest-lousy-store-manager-Hagerstown-Maryland-1032641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Office Depot