Complaint Review: Office Depot

• Updated: Thu, December 05, 2013

• Reported By: Melissa — East Providence Rhode Island
Office Depot
4700 Muhlhauser Rd Hamilton, Ohio USA

Office Depot Wrong order sent to me, my personal info sent who knows where Hamilton Ohio

Placed an order on the Office Depot website on Thanksgiving day to take advantage of a sale. Order arrived last night with my name and address on the box. Upon opening the box, someone else's order, invoice and packing slip were inside. Invoice contained the name, address, phone number and which type of payment method they used - which would be fine if it were MY info.

Called Office Depot immediately upon opening the box, and was told a "research specialist" had to help me, and would call me the next day. I let them know I was sent someone else's personal information and I was VERY upset over my information being sent somewhere else.

Received a call this morning, the associate was unable to make an "even exchange" of the merchandise because it was not sent from their warehouse, but rather a distribution center. She offered to refund my PayPal account and recharge it for the new shipment. I am not comfortable with this, since they screwed up one order I did not want another done the same way, so I am awaiting a refund to my account.

I let the associalte know that with the little bit of information I was sent on the other person, I was able to tell who and where they are and with a simple online search, where they work and how much money they've made this year, and now I know which type of credit card they carry in their wallet. I explained I am very upset that my information was sent to someone else, and although she was apologetic, she said all she could do was let the distro center know about their error.

So here I am, without an order and with more than enough personal information about myself sent to who knows where and who, and all Office Depot is willing to do is let a distro center know they screwed up. Oh, and the order I received will be picked up next week for return. Because it's SO important they get $30 worth of merchandise back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2013 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Office-Depot/Hamilton-Ohio-45011/Office-Depot-Wrong-order-sent-to-me-my-personal-info-sent-who-knows-where-Hamilton-Ohio-1104548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Office Depot